Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Linux sync service

Linux sync service 5 years 2 months ago #25007

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I run Windows 7 on my desktop, and ComicRack of course. But I have all my comics saved to my home file server which runs linux (debian). Right now I always just plug in my Kindle Fire to USB and do a nice slow sync that way. (Which is the Fire's problem, slow USB).

What I would love would be if you could duplicate just the syncing logic to something that could run on linux. I would totally buy the paid CRA and then I could sync with out having to boot up my desktop. The scripting for CRW supports perl and python, but I don't know in what language all the built in functionality is written in. So this could be something that would take a lot of work. But I don't know so I thought I would suggest it.

Thanks for all the work you have done on these products.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Linux sync service 5 years 2 months ago #25010

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
I use the Android App Foldersync I've recently replied to a couple of users about using it..
(I use ubuntu)

Re: Linux sync service 5 years 2 months ago #25012

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Yes, I saw a thread about that. And I have used wifi to grab some files over my samba on linux. But I would really like to be able to sync read status and I also mark page types as I read which I would like to be able to sync back to my collection on the server. It doesn't sound like that is possible with foldersync.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and 7 members online