Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Browse FTP and remember FTP locations

Browse FTP and remember FTP locations 5 years 4 weeks ago #26193

• DavidRaid
  • Fresh Boarder
Just now made my account here to request this feature. Love the app.

While I use the paid version of ComicRack to read my locally stored comics, I'd love to be able to browse and access the large amount of comics I have stored on my network hard drive when I'm at home and thus connected to that network through wifi. Currently, I have to use Perfect Viewer and its FTP feature for this, but ideally, I'd love ComicRack to offer a similar feature.

How I'd envision this feature working would be to have a new option under eComics (right at the beginning) to keep this separate from the Library. Currently, this section has 'All eComics', 'New eComics' and 'Unread eComics' in it. An additional entry could be added to the bottom named 'Other Sources' or 'Non-Local eComics. This could lead to a list of stored FTP locations or just to a single location already saved in the preferences, ie '192.169.0.5/My Comics'

To save time in terms of scanning (as scanning a directory over wifi could be time consuming), I'd recommend it simply browse the file structure but still allow to move to the next comic when reaching the end of one. Perfect Viewer's implementation of FTP is a good example of how this could be done. I feel FTP (or LAN access) is important for the Android platform, as while syncing to another computer through wifi is useful, being able to just access comics stored on the network, as you can stream videos and music, is highly desirable for phones and tablets.

Also, seeing as this is my first post here, hello. :D
Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by DavidRaid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Who's Online

We have 196 guests and 7 members online