Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store)

Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30524

• Guyon
  • Fresh Boarder
The Nook Color is an android device but is proprietary to the Barns and Noble store. Since Comic rack as a android app the port should be quite and easy transition. I would gladly pay for this app on my Nook color.

Any chance it can be ported?
Note: the Nook color does include a weak CBZ reader but I wold rather have a fully featured CBR app
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30526

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Here in Central Europe Nooks are not available.
So I can not port it or put it into a Market I do not have any access to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Guyon

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30531

• Guyon
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the fast reply.
Too bad I would love to have this on my tablet. Though it is possible to root it....
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Guyon.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30533

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm not familiar with the Nook, but I do have a Kindle Fire. Can you "side load" the free version of CRA? I did not root my Kindle and it works perfectly. Again, I've never used the Nook... just wondering if that is an option.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30534

• Guyon
  • Fresh Boarder
Spaceman,
Where did you DL the free android version?
I did not see it here.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...omicrack.viewer.free

I am not sure bout side loading apps on the nook Color but it is work a try.
Did you just DL it and load with a cable?
Thanks for the help.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30553

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo: Just curious, if you go here: https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.com/?cm_mmc=Redirect-_-NOOKdeveloper-_-Books-_-Nook%20Color will it not let you register a developer account? If it does then you should be able to submit your app, regardless.

It works great on my rooted Nook HD+, by the way (yes, I recently upgraded from my Nook Color, and the syncing issue I had before seems to have been fixed, too, 'cos it hadn't lost sync in months), with the exception of the settings menu has light text on a light background, so if you submitted it to the Nook app store you might change the text there to a darker color.

If you can manage to get it in the Nook app store I, for one, would definitely buy it again. I like the default Nook launcher a great deal, but 3rd party apps won't show up in its app drawer, and it's harder to install stuff like the Google market with the newer models because of the locked boot loader (it took me several attempts just to get the HD+ to boot off a CWM sdcard).
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Darrian.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30592

• Guyon
  • Fresh Boarder
cYo is it possible for you to try to become a Barns and Noble developer? You get a virtual Nook Color that that run on your PC when you singn up so you will not need to buy one.

Again I would be happy to buy the app if you get it in and since the Nook Color is an android device it should not be a hard port.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30595

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
The thing is that CRW and CRA are both developed directly by cYo (alone, not a team), he also supervises the development CRiOS. And, on top of that, he has a real paying job and a life to be a part of (not often of course 'cuz we steal him away from everything :p ).

Since ComicRack is a free application (except for the full mobile versions), unless a huge business plan comes into action and makes him take drastic changes and gain enough money with the app and given he is willing as well to spend his whole time on this, I wouldn't hold my breath on a niche market that is only available in the U.S.

The good thing about the Android and the future iOS versions is that it will cover something like 80% of the tablets OS'. Leaving aside only the kindles and other less common tablets.

Imagine if he had to tweak and update versions for all the modified Android systems around. It would be extremely time consuming.

So, to make it short, it won't be happening unless dramatic changes come into play...
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 7 months ago #30598

• Darrian
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, here's the thing. Many Nook apps are obviously identical to the apps in the Android market, with no effort made to customize them for the Nook. Also, I don't think B&N allows ad-supported apps (I could be wrong, but I haven't installed an app yet that has ads, and many apps I expected to be free like they are on Google have a price tag), so if I were cYo I would get a dev account and submit the paid version only, as-is. He wouldn't even really need to troubleshoot/debug it, because I (along with other users who have gone through the trouble of rooting their Nooks) can already attest that it works and, as was mentioned by Guyon, there's also the emulator to test apps on.

If he wants to spend more time to make it special for the Nook that's great, but I don't think it's necessary and it would give him access to a market he isn't in yet. Will he rake in the cash hand over fist? Probably not, but it's a little extra money for very little effort. He could just submit the exact same app he submits to Google whenever he updates it. Assuming, of course, that he can get a dev account and do so.

Also, Nook is in the UK now, also. I don't expect it to take over the world anytime soon, but at least there's that.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Darrian.

Re: Nook Color (Please add Comic Rack to Banrs and Noble Store) 4 years 5 months ago #33255

• bob_cook
  • Senior Boarder
No need for this any more. The Nook android tablets are getting the Play Store
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and 2 members online