Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Sort by Released

Sort by Released 3 years 7 months ago #38417

• Banedon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
So I'm wayyyy behind on my New 52 reading. I'm doing a lot of reading on both the desktop, and my tablet. In order to make the amount of reading I have to do more manageable, I've created a smart list for the books I read, sorted by "released", and only showing one month at a time. This works great for breaking it down into more digestable chunks....makes it less overwhelming.

However, when I sync to my tablet, while I'm able to retain my monthly list, I can't sort by released. Currently the only sort methods available for the sync are random, series, alternate series, published, added, and story arc. Any chance we can get "released" as a sort option as well?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sort by Released 3 years 7 months ago #38419

• Moonboi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This has been requested many times before but as far as I know this isn't happening any time soon. I gave up on waiting for this to happen and instead started putting the release dates into the cover date fields. If you do that then when you sync to your tablet you can sort by published date. If you don't want to sync everything at once just use the syncing options on CR for windows to limited by amount or whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Banedon

Sort by Released 3 years 7 months ago #38422

• Banedon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Ah, that's a good idea...fudging the cover date. Is there a way to do that in batch though? Or is that a manual process?

Sort by Released 3 years 7 months ago #38424

• Moonboi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sadly I have had to do it manually. I wish there was a script that can be used to batch copy but I haven't found one yet

Sort by Released 3 years 6 months ago #38959

• edru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
This really needs to be added. I cant imagine it would be that much extra to add it. It's a pretty important feature thats missing from the app to allow me to use SmartLists to their full potential. Right now im having to make smart lists sorted by released, and a sister regular list that I have to copy and paste to, and sync that list.

Sort by Released 3 years 5 months ago #39253

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I think I've done what the original poster was asking about.

The trick is to setup your sorting exactly how you want it in the smartlist in CRW. Then in the sync options for that smartlist you don't sort by anything (uncheck that box, I'm not in front of CRW at the moment). Now, over in CRA set the sort to "Not sorted". That should display them in the order you want from the original smartlist.

Sort by Released 2 years 10 months ago #41282

• edru
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone testing the beta, have any of you seen this feature added? Still waiting for mine to activate.

Sort by Released 1 year 5 months ago #45486

• Silentgray
  • Senior Boarder
I know this is an old thread by i would REALLLLLLY like this feature as well.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 11 members online