Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad)

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 5 months ago #42171

• alext41
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
found the following one:
Richer access to secondary shared storage devices

In KitKat we introduced APIs that let apps read/write file in app-specific directories on secondary storage devices, such as SD cards.

We heard loud and clear that developers wanted richer access beyond these directories, so in Lollipop we added the new ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE intent. Apps can launch this intent to pick and return a directory from any supported DocumentProvider, including any of the shared storage supported by the device. Apps can then create, update, and delete files and directories anywhere under the picked tree without any additional user interaction. Just like the other document intents, apps can persist this access across reboots.

This gives apps broad, powerful access to manage files while still involving the user in the initial selection process. Users may choose to give your app access to a narrow directory like “My Vacation Photos,” or they could pick the top-level of an entire SD card; the choice is theirs.

source: www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/04/android...d-improves-security/

So is it possible to change to code for this so that we are able to use ComicRack also with Android 5.x?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 4 months ago #42418

• Alpharm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have no issue using it with 5.xx. I have my external SD card set as my main folder and everything syncs to the external card.

Edit: Using stock 5.0.2, non-rooted AT&T Note 3.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Alpharm.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 2 months ago #42843

• Freezli
  • Fresh Boarder
Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1 (CM12.1), external 64GB sdcard and it works.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 1 month ago #42979

• edru
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
That could just mean Samsung added it themseleves. Using a vanilla or aosp device won't allow SD writing without root and a work around.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 1 month ago #42986

• Innuendo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Yeah, Samsung isn't a very good example to use. They always add a LOT of stuff to their firmwares & the ability to write to SD cards against Google's wishes is often one of the tweaks they make.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 3 weeks ago #43217

• Freezli
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't use stock firmware, read above, CM 12.1.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 2 years 3 weeks ago #43219

• Innuendo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I think this topic is a non-issue. The OP wanted ComicRack for Android to be updated so it would be able to access the SD card & everyone in the thread has replied that it already does work correctly under Android 5.x.

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 1 year 9 months ago #44398

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Doesnt for me...

Androind 5.x support (it is possible for apps to write to the sdcrad) 1 year 9 months ago #44415

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Just use the "Home" button in the Folder selection preferences. Select the folder on your SD Card.
Should work fine.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Who's Online

We have 214 guests and 4 members online