Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: NAS Access

NAS Access 1 year 11 months ago #43815

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
From what others have advised me in other parts of this forum, it' seems as though that it's not currently possible to access a NAS(s) on your home network from within ComicRack.
How about adding this feature?
Obviously I don't know if it's possible, but surely the developers could have a look at this possibility?
I currently use the free version, but if this was included, I would happily buy the full version, as I'm sure others out there would do as well.
Many thanks

Email sent to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Data1704.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

NAS Access 1 year 11 months ago #43826

• BJBull
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Data

I have my comics stored on my Netgear Readynas.

I mapped the comic folder so it becomes a network drive, in my case it becomes b://.

go to preferences, then Libraries. You can then scroll down and see your drive.

I also have Readynas remote which creates a sort of VPN with my NAS. This enables me to carry my rather large collection without physically carrying it. You can access them from anywhere around the world.

This works the same way as iTunes and my other media.

What type of NAS are you running?

Cheers

NAS Access 1 year 11 months ago #43827

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi BJBull,
I'd thought of that in the past, but how do I map my NAS, without rooting my Android tablet? Btw, I've nothing against rooting, and I've done it in the past, just prefer not to if I can avoid it.
I've got a QNAP, and yes, I can see my QNAP NAS via their own app, which I can then open my comics folder, but in turn, that means it downloads whichever comic I then want to read to my tablet, which defeats the idea somewhat. Whereas it would be ideal to just have CR see my entire collection within the CR library.
Thanks

NAS Access 1 year 11 months ago #43833

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi BJBull,
Just a quick update.
Out of boredom I've just rooted my Android tablet, but how do I map my NAS so that I can allocate it in Libraries?
Many thanks

NAS Access 1 year 11 months ago #43952

Access to a network share is what most look forward this application.
My collection is stored on a NAS and the android application can not access it, having to copy the entire library to the device is the end ....
Keep your PC switched on to access the library also is not very green.
No need to organize the library through the android device, focus it on the PC, I just read the HQ in android.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and 10 members online