Welcome, Guest
Share your ideas

TOPIC: Amazon Fire?

Amazon Fire? 2 years 6 days ago #44290

• SJPadbury
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a specific reason ComicRack isn't on the Amazon appstore for use with the Fire tablets and such?
The Library features and syncing are things I'd really like to be able to use on my new tablet, but having to root (which might not even be possible at the moment) and getting the play store installed just to read comics seems a little excessive.

I searched and didn't see where/if this has actually been asked before, but if it has, I'm sorry.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amazon Fire? 2 years 3 days ago #44304

• Just Bill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Back when I was using Kindles, I asked the same question. I think the answer was that Amazon rips off app developers, will periodically give their apps away for free, and generally will just screw the developers so ComicRack won't be showing up on the Amazon ecosystem.

I used to root and run ComicRack just fine on Kindles, but they came out with an update a while back that broke my root and I never found a way to get it back. Ultimately I got a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro instead, and I'm much happier.

Amazon Fire? 1 year 11 months ago #44328

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If you have an android device (phone) you can get the app from Google Play and export the APK to your PC. Transfer the APK from your PC to your Kindle Fire. Install ES File Explore to your Kindle Fire from Amazon App Store. Use ES File Explore to find the APK on your Kindle Fire and install. CRA will be on your Kindle Fire.

Amazon Fire? 1 year 11 months ago #44330

• Just Bill
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
While that is technically true, the last firmware update keeps you from rooting the device. Without root, Google Play cannot log into your account and will crash. If Google Play is not running, ComicRack doesn't function correctly, either. You can still read books that you sideload on the Kindle, but syncing is non-functional. If all you care about is reading, I guess that's fine - but I want to sync back reading state and ratings. I can't manage the books easily without the ability to sync.

Amazon Fire? 1 year 11 months ago #44335

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Sorry for that, its been a few versions of CRA since I used that method.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and 2 members online