Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Source Book is not valid ...?

Source Book is not valid ...? 5 years 11 months ago #17891

• penumbren
  • Fresh Boarder
When syncing the last few times, I've gotten the message, "Source Book is not valid." I'm assuming this means that there's a problem with one (or more... tonight I got the same message on three lines) of the comics I'm syncing.

Is there a way to tell which comics have the problems, other than looking at every comic in all of the lists I've synced? As I currently use my tablet mainly for reading ecomics, this would force me to look through close to 800 comics to find out which one(s) have the problems.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Source Book is not valid ...? 5 years 7 months ago #21007

• Sinvex
  • Fresh Boarder
I get the same BS too, but the books are valid and readable with ComicRack so it doesn't make sense. As for figuring out which ones were invalid it'll tell you.

Down at the bottom right corner there's a Disk icon in one of the context boxes to the left of the slider. When you get errors it'll have a red exclamation point. Double click on that and it'll bring up a window of what all failed.

Still would be nice if the app I paid for (paid about five times what most apps cost to boot) would actually work.

Re: Source Book is not valid ...? 5 years 7 months ago #21010

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
PM me with an email and I refund you for your problems with your corrupt comics as I do not have to cope with this BS for your few bucks (a lot less I usually get for taking some BS).

Re: Source Book is not valid ...? 5 years 4 months ago #23186

• Hahleq
  • Fresh Boarder
I cleaned out my Xoom and re-paired to the Xoom (after much tribulation), but now am only able to sync about 10% of what I chose to sync. I checked the errors and saw that about 90% of the books show as "source book is not valid". I've loaded all these books before so not sure what has changed. Thoughts on how to make them all valid?

Love the app and glad to see you aren't taking any guff as this app worth far more than you're charging. Keep it up! I'll be donating more to directly (once I get this sorted out <grin>).

Re: Source Book is not valid ...? 5 years 2 months ago #24845

• kirijiri
  • Fresh Boarder
I get the same error message. I'd just like to know what it 'source book is not valid' is supposed to mean. They are working, they synced before.... any clue about what might cause this error?

Re: Source Book is not valid ...? 5 years 2 months ago #24847

• kirijiri
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry about that, I found out what the error was about. Export to cbz remakes and reletes rars, but doesn't automatically change that in the library. So I had to remove the rars and add the cbzs and that was it... sorry to bother :)
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Who's Online

We have 174 guests and 4 members online