Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: android market license check fails!!

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 10 months ago #20794

• charlie_9
  • Fresh Boarder
Is that a factory reset you're suggesting? If so, I've already done 2 with no luck. Let me know, i'm really not an expert on that
I have a samsung galaxy 10.1 wifi only
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 10 months ago #20795

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I'm talking about a factory reset where everything is like the way when you first unwrapped the device.

Alternatively you can also send me a log-dump of the failed market check. Maybe you've a friend that can show you how to do that.

Just to bring this into relation: ComicRack has been bought over a 1000 times and there are now 2 people having problems. So the chance is very high that this is device dependent.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 9 months ago #20821

• charlie_9
  • Fresh Boarder
well it finally worked, after doing some hard resets... it surely was a problem with the android market, in my case I had to do the reset since reinstalling the market didn't work out.
I'm not exactly sure what it was that made it work since I had to do various resets; I think the key is not to restore anything from your google account; the only time I didn't restore from my account was the time it worked.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 9 months ago #20976

• charlie_9
  • Fresh Boarder
well with the new update to 1.58 i'm getting that same message again; any thoughts? will I have to keep doing factory resets every time a new version or what could be the problem?

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 9 months ago #20983

• cYo
I'm sorry about your problems.
But as stated earlier, there's nothing I can do on my end to solve this. This seems to be some specific problem with your device (or the market installation).

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 9 months ago #20984

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I've experienced this problem when I upgraded from 3.2 to 4.0. I had to do a factory restoration after that to correct the market installation, but it hasn't happened since. You could do a search on your device name and similar issues, it seems that in my case it is a known problem that occurs when changing major versions. Something might be going on for your device, as well.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 9 months ago #20991

• charlie_9
  • Fresh Boarder
Deathspike, I've done several factory resets and I was able to get it to work, until the change to 1.58; so now I was getting the same message. It looks like a botched update from Samsung which is not uncommon from them; there seems to be trouble with Wifi and Market for some users. I was able to get it to work using tethering on my phone now. I suppose I will have to wait for another update from samsung as factory resets do not seem to work.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 3 months ago #25236

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
just to throw in my 2 cents. I am having the same issue with a rooted Kindle Fire. Working with Google Support on issue. The suggested reinstalling from Play and Force Close - Clear Cache. Will try reinstalling Play itself tonight.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 3 months ago #25280

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
So, I just heard back from Google Play Support...

"Thanks for writing back with that information. Unfortunately, right now the Kindle Fire isn’t supported for use with the Google Play Store app or with play.google.com, which is why we are not able to verify your license to use this app on that device.

I know this might be confusing, but not all devices running Android are licensed to use Google Play. This happens because manufacturers use the free Android software on their devices, but sometimes these devices don’t pass Google’s compatibility requirements to have the Google Play Store app installed. To help with this confusion, we’ve published a complete list of supported devices here...."

Any chance this app is going to make it on the Amazon App Store???

Oh.. and opne more thing.. they have told me I can get a refund, but I really like the app and will find a way to make this work, so I am not going to request it. Thanks for making an awesome app even if Google's licensing code sucks. :-)
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by glenntx.

Re: android market license check fails!! 5 years 3 months ago #25281

• cYo
Thank you for your support and sorry about the problems.

For small independent developers the Amazon store sucks (I've posted something about the problems here in this forum, but you can also google it).
And neither the Kindle Fire, nor the Amazon App store is available outside of the US, so as an European developer you've to fly blind into this.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and one member online