Welcome, Guest
Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/.sites/172/site9960418/web/cr/libraries/joomla/language/text.php on line 312
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: "Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100"

"Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100" 5 years 11 months ago #19894

This isn't a major problem, as I've found a workaround that doesn't require a phone reboot, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this issue or report it if no one has.

Using paid version of the app, v1.40 (currently updating to 1.46 from Market, maybe this'll fix it anyway). HTC Droid Incredible 2 OS 2.3.4 unrooted. I sync with CR-Windows over wifi.

Every once in a while, I'll open the app and it will say "Refreshing library" with a status bar and "0% 0/100". This never shows any progress, and I don't have 100 comics. This doesn't coincide with a sync or any other task or activity. I could be mid-comic, put the phone down for a while, and when I tap back into CR, it shows that message. Very random.

Only way I've figured out how to resolve it temporarily is to go into the phone's Settings> Applications> Manage> Downloaded> ComicRack, and Force Stop and Clear Cache. Again, not major, but it does annoy me when I open CR and see this error.

Other than that, I'm a huge fan of the app!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100" 5 years 11 months ago #19900

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Are the comics on the external sd?
Try to delete comicrack.ini in your comics folder.

Re: "Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100" 5 years 11 months ago #19910

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
This is related to the phone going to sleep while the library is being refreshed, many times it will wake up and show the behaviour you have specified.

cYo, you should stop the phone/tablet from going to sleep also while doing the library scan, not just the sync. On large libraries (and slow SD cards), this can take a few minutes, and the tablet will try to sleep.

fK

Re: "Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100" 5 years 11 months ago #19919

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
good point.

Re: "Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100" 5 years 11 months ago #19920

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, the library is on a large, slow 32GB SD card, so that makes sense. In the meantime, I'll make sure I back out of the app completely before putting the phone down.

Re: "Refreshing library -- 0% 0/100" 5 years 11 months ago #19961

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
cYo: The changelog on 1.47 mentions you implemented the sleep protection on the library refresh, but mine is still sleeping during it, and then encountering this 0/100 issue after the wifi sync. Is there something i missed on it?

fK
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and one member online