Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Reading from a cif mount

Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20324

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Cyo,
i have some problem with wifi sync and reading many threads i'm not able to solve it...
I ask you a question : instead of syncing via wifi or usb cable, can i use a cif mount to read my comics directly from my nas (or windows 7...) ? I tried to choose the mounted directory but comicrack can't see nothing. Can you help me or can you do something about this very useful feature ?

Thanks for your help (i think that many users will love that).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20359

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
:(

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20360

• voltron666
  • Fresh Boarder
Quite coincidentally, that's just what I've been trying to do over the weekend (transformer prime running ics) and I can confirm it can work, although I'm not sure how fast it's going to be. It's not as zippy as it could be, but that could be a wireless issue or simply the fact it's got some 8k of comics to deal with which I think has been flagged as something that's not recommended at this stage.

The biggest thing for me was making sure the network drive was actually properly mounted. I was using cifsmanager, and before I got it right, it would create the local mount folder even if it didn't connect. So I would think I was connected, even though I wasn't, but of course the folder would be empty. Sounds like your prob's similar.

To get it properly done, I had to get root access, then get the proper cifs.ko and md4.ko modules for my device and then plug those into cifs manager

Have you checked if something like es file explorer can see anything in the mounted folder on the local tab? If there's nothing there, I'd say your nas hasn't been actually mounted. ES explorer can also check if your nas is actually visible to your device as a pure network drive under the lan tab.

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20361

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
No no i can see everything through cifsmanager and es explorer. I can see my nas, my PCs, all mounted directories and so on.
My problem is that i can't see the mounted directories through comicrack! It would be very useful...
I have a rooted asus transformer.

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20362

• voltron666
  • Fresh Boarder
Might have me stumped (although I'm definitely not an android person). Once I got it locally mounted and could see the cbrs in the local mount using es explorer, then comicrack was able to pick it up.

I might have misread your post - is your problem that you can see/choose the mounted directory when setting CR default folder settings but there's nothing in it, or is the problem that you can't see the mounted folder at all when trying to set the default?

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20366

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
Through es explorer i can see mounted directories and all files inside but if i set the directory in comicrack configuration i can't see nothing.

Now i have set a directory in my nas (i tried in windows7 before) but CR is stuck while the nas continue to reading infinitely...

You can see easily your comics ? How many comics inside a dir ? How many MB for each comic ? It's very strange ...
Thanks man ;)
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by bugger.

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20379

• voltron666
  • Fresh Boarder
Yup, it's all there for me, my entire collection's there and the sizes are correct, and I can pull them up on the tablet, so it can be done. Just to check, when you see your files in es, have you clicked the local tab rather than the lan tab?
Attachments:

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20385

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
Course but is stuck...
I'm trying with perfect viewer and it works like a charm.
I don't know why. Tnx for your support ;)

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20393

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Try File Manager HD for browsing Samba shares on Android, thats what I use..

Re: Reading from a cif mount 5 years 10 months ago #20395

• voltron666
  • Fresh Boarder
Komik's worth a try too, I think it's nicer, although if you can get CRA working, that's the best one I think.
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Who's Online

We have 247 guests and one member online