Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory

Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #20935

Hi,

I am trying to change the default location for my comics to one on my SD Card rather than the paltry area of memory that resides on my cheap n cheerful LY-F1 tablet. When navigating from Comic Rack I can navigate 'up' to a point where i can see /sdcard/Comics but unless I am mistaken that is not actually on my sc card; in fact I do not appear to be able to see the sc card, even though the tablet itself can.

I hasten to add that I am an Android newbie and old school Windows fool so I may be doing something fundamentally stupid.

ANy ideas please?

Cheers,
David
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #20936

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Cant remember particulars on CRA but generally on my Xoom, to get to the SD card (/mnt/external1) I browse, back, back,back to the root dir then select /mnt then external1 (or whatever your path to SDcard is)
Steve
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by startreksteve.

Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #20940

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
You are posting in the Windows-section. Just go to your Preferences, tap on "Location of eComic files" and go up. Now you just have to find the memory card location, which is usually the path startreksteve mentioned.

Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #20941

Hey thanks Steve, nice one!

Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #20942

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Folks, look the section you're posting in :/
moved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bittersound

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #20943

Oh no, I've been emoticon'd by a moderator.

-sorry, my cr@p sense of humour (embarrased)
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by bittersound. Reason: reconsidered post

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #21228

Hello, okay so I upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, lovely device, running Honeycomb at the moment.
When attempting to set the location of eComic files though in ComicRack I can navigate to the SD card and location fine:

/mnt/sdcard/extStorages/SdCard/Comics

I can see the subfolders with my comics but now I cannot press'Ok' to select this, what am I doing wrong please?

Many thanks in advance,
David

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #21229

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
There was a bug in the OS of Honeycomb which only mounted the External SDcard read only and required an update to cure. Is this the issue on yours? Mine was on my Motorola Xoom when I first bought it.

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #21232

Aha, this is definately a bug with my device then!
I'm quite new to all this, having recently gone for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus following a *horrible* experience with a 'cheap generic Chinese tab'.

Did you get the update for this yourself?

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 9 months ago #21235

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
Just clicked on about Tablet and check for updates.
Steve
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and 2 members online