Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 7 months ago #21237

That's what I did, I'm apparently up to date.
It's not the end of the world, I do after all have 16gb on the device without the SD, I can use the SD for gentleman's art or something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 7 months ago #21240

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
This is some strange behavior on some Android tablets.
ComicRack needs write support to the sdcard (for all the obvious reasons). But if the OS does not support writing to the sdcard, there is nothing ComicRack can do about it.

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 7 months ago #21504

• timrock
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Ice Cream Sandwich supports writing to the SD Card. will this issue be fixed soon? PerfectViewer and Komic able to see comics on the card as well, which i what i have to use until this is fixed. have about 12gbs worth of comics on my 64gb card and dont want to have to move it all back to the device again.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by timrock.

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 5 months ago #22995

• indisent
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if this thread is too old or not. I ended up pointing CR to the default location for comics on the tablet itself. However, that folder is empty. I have another folder with comics on the SD card and i made that the secondary folder. So, now when CR opens it finds nothing on the tablet but finds everything on the sdcard.

I hope that helps.

Re: Changing the default location to look at SD Card rather than internal memory 5 years 5 months ago #22998

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
This may already be realized but I would assume Android versions 2.3.6 and greater allow for writing to the SD card. My Galaxy S II is currently at that version and I have software that is able to sync directly to the SD card as long as the SD card is mounted to the Windows PC where it is recognized as a hard drive. I currently sync all music and video files to my 16GB SD card and sync all files tracked by ComicRack to the internal 16GB memory.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds

Who's Online

We have 179 guests and 5 members online