Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Problem syncing from tablet

Problem syncing from tablet 5 years 6 months ago #21843

• adrianmarsh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I upgraded my tablet to ICS a few weeks ago. I've the purchased version of ComicRack Android.
I can pair, and sync from PC -> Tablet, but I can't initiate it from the tablet. I select Wifi Sync and nothing happens on the tablet (no transfer icon).

On the PC, I've run some network analysis tools. Using NetPeeker, I can see UDP traffic from my tablet, coming into UDP port 7615 (broadcast to ip 224.34.123.90) that ComicRack.exe has an open listening port for. Within the packet I can see what looks to be a sync command message with an identifier in it.

But, ComicRack is ignoring that request.

As I said, pariring and PC initiated sync works ok. I've looked through all the settings I can think of to find out why ComicRack won't sync but have no idea now. Its not network based: I see the request getting to the .exe, nothing comes back out to the tablet.

I've tried removing/reinstalling ComicRack on the tablet, but I don't think its the tablet app to blame.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem syncing from tablet 5 years 6 months ago #21848

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I always thought this is a firewall problem.

Do the following:
1) select a different and empty comic folder on your device
2) Unpair on the PC and re-pair, but remember the key displayed in the selection dialog
3) Try to initiate wireless from the device and look at the sent packet in your network sniffer. It should be identical to the one from the selection dialog.
4) If not the same. Kill the comicrack wifi service AND app start again and try wifi again.

Re: Problem syncing from tablet 5 years 6 months ago #22173

• adrianmarsh
  • Junior Boarder
Hi cYo,

Had problems posting to the board the other day when I reset everything.

Clearing our the folder on the tablet seemed to do the trick.
I was able to test-sync just one comic. I was then able to initiate either PC or Tablet.

When I re-enabled the full group, ComicRack got a fair way into syncing (about 80% of around 20Gb), but then stalled and I had to force-close. On the second try it completed ok.

Now however, when I try to sync, its initiating ok (I see the icon spinning on the PC), but nothings updating. Comics that are 'read' on the tablet aren't showing as read on the PC.

I'm going to force close the tablet app and see if that makes a difference, because what I'm not seeing is the sync icon on the tablet. I updated to 1.61 after the first initial sync, and this is the first time since then.

Re: Problem syncing from tablet 5 years 6 months ago #22174

• adrianmarsh
  • Junior Boarder
ok, so force stopping the tablet worked. I now get the sync icon and its syncing. If it goes bad I'll let you know.

In an effort to help, is there anything I can log, or any option to turn on on the PC to help diagnose syncing issues ?? If not, that might be a good idea...

As I type.. its just finished the sync.. all looks good now.

Re: Problem syncing from tablet 5 years 6 months ago #22424

• adrianmarsh
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

Ok. So it seems that renaming the folder always seems to be the fix.

I had to factory reset the Transformer TF101 tablet, and at reinstall ComicRack had similar issues. The PC wouldn't sync to the tab, the tab wouldn't sync. In the end removing the .ini file on the tab and reinstalling the app, re-pair got it sorted again

Unfortunately my factory reset didn't fix the other issues the tab had and its been RMA'd, so, I get to go through this all again in a week or two :-)
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Who's Online

We have 179 guests and 5 members online