Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: "Not Sorted" Sort order broken?

"Not Sorted" Sort order broken? 5 years 4 months ago #23562

• Empty0ne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a bunch of reading lists on my android tablet that seem to have gone crazy. Previously, I would set the reading order in Comic Rack for Windows, and then on the tablet choose the not sorted option in cover view. This would show the reading list in the positional order I had them in Windows.

Just recently, I opened CR for Android, and all my reading lists were set back to sort by series. When I changed it back to not sorted, they seem to be sorted randomly. The positional order is still fine on windows, but there isn't a sort order on my tablet I can choose that will put the comics in that order.

Did something change?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Not Sorted" Sort order broken? 5 years 4 months ago #23571

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
I don't know what happened in your case but I can share with you what happened to me recently and maybe it can point to some things you might want to try. This has happened to me before too where I set the order of my reading list by their position in ComicRack for Windows (CRW) and set them to not sorted once they were synced to ComicRack for Android (CRA). I had a recent incident where the order of the books were all out of whack and made no sense no matter what setting I gave it in CRA. For me, I think this was due partly to the fact that while I was in the middle of synchronizing CRA with CRW my Android device stopped being recognized by Windows thus causing CRW to show a sync error. I fixed the sync problem, but I think it had already slightly corrupted the sync information going between both CRA and CRW. So fixing the reconnecting of the device to my Windows machine was the first part of the fix and the second part was I went into my Manage Applications section on my Android device and completely stopped (killed) CRA from running. Then I proceeded to sync both CRW and CRA again, and once it completed, all of my sort problems were fixed.

This worked for me so hopefully it may help you.

Re: "Not Sorted" Sort order broken? 5 years 4 months ago #23611

• Empty0ne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I figured out what the problem was. I just recently updated my version to the latest, and re-synced all of my devices. Looking in the change log for 0.9.154, I saw this change:

CHANGE: Synched lists now default to "sort by series"

I have no idea what they were set at before. I thought they were unchecked. Anyway, I unchecked the sort-by checklist item, re-synced everything, and all my lists now show as they should.
The following user(s) said Thank You: atomicscissors

Re: "Not Sorted" Sort order broken? 5 years 2 months ago #24960

Had this same problem until I made the changes you suggested! Thanks for the fix! Woot woot!
"I will strike down with great vengeance and furious anger those who threaten and destroy my brothers." - Gandalf, son of Saruman

Re: "Not Sorted" Sort order broken? 5 years 1 month ago #26001

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Thanks for this, just encountered this problem myself.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online

We have 207 guests and 6 members online