Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Noob Question

Noob Question 5 years 5 months ago #23793

• koos_h
  • Fresh Boarder
Just bought Comicrack Pro version for my new HTC One X. Loving it. Even went so far as to root the Kindle so I could have two comic reading devices.

So, maybe this is a dumb questions, but let's say I read a comic on my phone and then sync. If I am only syncing unread comics shouldn't the comic I just read (or marked as read) be deleted off the phone? Is that how it works? Or do I have to go in and manually delete them?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Noob Question 5 years 5 months ago #23794

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
This behaviour is not default but can be configured, if you so desire. In ComicRack (on Windows) you can go to Edit -> Devices and configure it the way you want it. Personally, I use it on an Android Transformer with 64GB so there's not a lot I want to delete (hence this default setting, maybe, for cases such as this).
The following user(s) said Thank You: koos_h

Re: Noob Question 5 years 5 months ago #23802

• koos_h
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, I already had the "only Unread" option checked. What am I doing wrong? I want it so that each time I sync all the comics I read are removed from my devices (making room for new unread ones) and marked as read in my windows PC's library. Otherwise I have to root explorer and delete each one, then mark the read one on the windows PC and then sync. Which... seems kind of counter to the whole wireless syncing thing comicrack has going on.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Re: Noob Question 5 years 5 months ago #23806

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
That is a common mistake; the "Only Unread" check-box applies on the selected folder, and not on every folder. You will have to go through each folder/list and check the "Only Unread" check-box at every single one, otherwise your book might still be allowed to synchronize through another folder/list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koos_h

Re: Noob Question 5 years 5 months ago #24107

• koos_h
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, so follow up question... I went away on vacation for a week and when I came back the kindle did just fine synching but the HTC One X no longer is recognized. Even when I plug it into the computer, if I try and "Pair A Device" comicrack doesn't recognize the phone (it gives me no options to pair). I can navigate to and see the comicrack ini file on the SD card, though.

I'm sure I somehow screwed everything up... does anyone know what the heck I did or, more importantly, how to fix it?

Re: Noob Question 5 years 5 months ago #24116

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Did you change anything on your computer or on your HTC One X between the time you last synced them successfully and this most recent failed attempt?
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Who's Online

We have 284 guests and one member online