Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Cannot install/update latest version

Cannot install/update latest version 5 years 1 month ago #25437

• KOSBUM
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello :) I really like ComicRack for Windows, so I immediatly decided to buy pro version for my new android tablet. Then, after I paid I noticed that I cannot install it, getting error like "cannot install on SD card or USB drive". I installed other programs, before and after this accident and they worked. Then I installed free version and it worked too. Then I downloaded older 1.63 .apk from warez site and it worked too. Now my tablet knows that I has old version, but I cannot update with the same error. And yes, I can not use old version for synchronization with latest Windows version, PC sees the tablet, but after synchronize command it tells that it is invalid. Can you please help me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot install/update latest version 5 years 1 month ago #25438

• manders2600
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I found one answer here:

Link: Fixing The "Couldn't Install On USB Storage Or SD Card" Problem On Android

To quote the solution:

Look for smdl2tmp1.asec in these folders and delete any ones you see. Deleting it seems to be a safe enough operation - it's just a temporary file after all. Once you've done that, all the update problems should go away.

1. /sdcard/.android_secure - this is an invisible folder on your SD card, which you can access with any file manager, like ASTRO
2. /mnt/secure/asec/ - access to this folder requires root and a program like Root Explorer

Re: Cannot install/update latest version 5 years 1 month ago #25458

• KOSBUM
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for useful link.

I've seen similar solution, and used some ways to delete this file - shell command rm and connect to the PC to locate file from here, but this file is not exist at all. I'll try to look in /mnt/secure/asec/ and post you later.

In the post you pointed me mentioned log files. Can someone please tell me how to access these logs and read them?
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by KOSBUM.

Re: Cannot install/update latest version 5 years 1 month ago #25459

• manders2600
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
A Google search revealed two solutions.

1. Install aLogcat from the Google Play store.

-OR-

2. When connected to a PC via usb, with the Android SDK installed, type the following from a terminal (assuming you are already in the directory containing adb):
adb install <apk_name>.apk
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Who's Online

We have 186 guests and 2 members online