Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working

Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25513

Just like the title says. I can wireless sync when I initiate on Windows computer, but not initiate from the Android device. Running version 0.9.155 64bit on Windows and version 1.64 on Android. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25514

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
This has actually been a problem of mine as well for quite some time. I've tried figuring out what it is but nothing is coming up. It worked when the app first released and I was running CM7 on a Nook Color. Since I switched to CM9/10 on Kindle Fire it hasn't worked. I'm starting to believe it's the wifi driver (a slight problem since CM9 initially released) that's causing the sync back to the PC not to work.

Are you running CM9/10 as well? Because if you are then this would add a notch in my theory that it's not CRA and instead the tablet OS.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25515

I am running a team eos ROM on an original transformer which I believe is based on cm10 (I am running jellybean)

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25517

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Then at this point I'm going to have to guess that it's the wifi driver from CM9/10. The devs that have worked on the wifi drivers in the past have often said that it's got bugs in it that they can't nail down. It works but not perfectly like CM7 and previously did. They are always looking in to it and now and again they make a tweak here and there but nothing that's making leaps forward in a final fix.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25524

I an S3 running stock so I will test it on that to see if the rom is the issue.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25532

Worked fine on my s3 so it is definitely a rom issue.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25844

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm gonna have to agree. I am running CM10 on a Kindle Fire and cannot initiate sync from the device. I have started having a new problem too though. As of the last couple of days, I also cannot initiate wifi sync from CRW. Need to find a cable to see if I can get it to work when connected. Stupid me took my micro usb cables to work.

Just to cover some bases...

Fire is on same network as PC running CRW.

CRA is running when I try to initiate wifi sync in CRW.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25845

That's weird. The sync works fine when I initiate from crw regardless of the rom

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25847

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
Ya, it Just started for me. Was working fine when started in CRW until yesterday or day before.

Re: Initiate Wifi sync from android device not working 5 years 3 months ago #25881

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
OK.. so I hooked it up via USB and that seems to be synchronizing just fine. It appears to be only WiFi that I cannot initiate sync from either side. Any ideas?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and 2 members online