Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected.

ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25947

• Droid Maxx
  • Fresh Boarder
ComicRack for Windows will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone.

It did work fine before but now nothing.

I just downloaded the Droid Comicrack app yesterday and it paird fine. Today I wanted to change out my cbrs but nothing was happening when i tried to sinc the phone.

I un-paird the device to see if pairing it again would fix my problem but its no longer detected at all.

I deleted everything in my Droid comic folder and I reinstalled ComicRack for Windows and my Droid and still the "Pair with device" option brings up nothing - whether the phone is plugged in to the USB or through Wifi sinc.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Droid Maxx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25967

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
This is just a shot in the dark and I don't know it it'll help with your Android phone, though for my Samsung Android there are two options in settings that can have an effect on USB syncing:
  • USB debugging - having this option turned on can possibly causing USB syncing issues with some apps. You can try it with this option turned off (if it's even an option in your settings) and see if it fixes your issue.
  • USB mass storage - having this option turned on is required for me to get the USB sync with ComicRack to pair and sync properly. You can try it with this option turned on (if it's even an option in your settings) and see if it fixes your issue.

Again, you may have already looked into these features but I thought I's at least mention them since they have given me problems when I first attempted to sync my device with ComicRack for Windows.

Re: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25970

• Droid Maxx
  • Fresh Boarder
Yea mass storage is set to on, I don't think I have an option on my phone for USB debugging.

Still does not work.

Thanks for your help though.

Re: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25971

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Are we talking usb ore wireless?

Try the following steps:
Delete your comic folder on the device.
uninstall ComicRack
reinstall
set the comic folder again
try to pair again

Re: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25973

• Droid Maxx
  • Fresh Boarder
We are talking about USB (but ComicRack Windows fails to detect my phone through Wi-Fi as well)

When I try to delete my main eComic folder through ComicRack Droid I get a "Failed to delete folder" message.

The folder extension is
/data/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/app_Local/Comics

Through Windows I can access MOT drive (I) and (J) "Devices with removable storage"

(I) drive had a file called Comics where my cbr files where stored (when it was still working), I deleted the file. Then deleted ComicRack from my phone and reinstalled it.

When I re-installed Comicrack it did not recreate the file Comics in MOT (I). ???
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Droid Maxx.

Re: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25975

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
You're putting your comic folder at a location where CRW can not access it (too deep in the folder structure and in the local app storage).

Move the folder to /sdcard/comics or something like that.

Re: ComicRack will no longer pair with my Droid smart phone. It is not detected. 5 years 3 months ago #25976

• Droid Maxx
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, that worked thanks.

Changing the main eComic folder to /sdcard/comics worked.
CRW is able to detect my device now and Im able to pair my phone and sinc up.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Who's Online

We have 204 guests and 2 members online