Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comicrack on Kindle Fire

Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29212

• skc
  • Fresh Boarder
I am soon getting a Kindle Fire 8.9 and would appreciate help on:

1. Best way to install ComicRack onto it. I do have an Android tablet for sideloading but would prefer to do via PC/USB if possible?
2. What directory in the Kindle do I place the Comics into? (CBR, CB7, CBZ & .PDF)

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29217

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What I did/do with my Kindle Fire (Original)

1. Created a folder called COMICS in the main Kindle directory.
2. Sideload CRA into this folder and install.
3. Set up CRW to sync to the COMICS folder on your Kindle.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29219

• skc
  • Fresh Boarder
James,
Thanks for the reply. Can you give more detail please, I am quite new to this.
For instance how do I sideload? Also what is CRW?

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29236

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
No Problem,

1. You will need to download an app called ES FILE EXPLORER from the Amazon Kindle App Store. It's free and 100% legit. Download directly from your Kindle and install. This app will let you view all of your Kindle files (on your Kindle) just like you would through Windows Explorer (on your PC).

2. You will need your CRA (ComicRack Android) .exe file on your PC Desktop. You can copy that from your Android device. I got my version from another source since I don't have another Android device (i.e. phone, tablet etc.)

3. Plug in your Kindle to your PC (via USB). Open the Kindle on your PC (via Windows Explorer) and create a folder called COMICS. It's easiest to create the folder in the main directory. Put your CRA.exe file here (from your desktop).

4. Disconnect your Kindle from your PC

5. Open the ES FILE EXPLORER app on your Kindle. If you created the COMICS folder in the main directory it will be visible with all of the other Kindle folders. Open COMICS folder, RUN CRA.exe file. This should load very quickly.

6. Once CRA is installed, you can now sync comics from CRW (ComicRack Windows) to your Kindle. Make sure your Kindle is "connected" to your PC. It can be plugged in (via USB) and still be disconnected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdu90

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29266

• skc
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks 'Spaceman' The first clear explanation I've had on the subject! One issue: For some crazy reason as I live outside the USA, Amazon do not want my money for their apps, movies etc and do not allow download. (only books) I shall try to find ES Explorer or download equivalent from elsewhere.
Looking forward to finally reading my digital collection on decent size screen.(Kindle Touch 6" just does not do justice and don't enjoy reading on PC) Now to scan in my 'hard copy' collection which dates back to the 1950's. Not sure if/when I'll ever get the time though.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29688

• skc
  • Fresh Boarder
'Spaceman' et al. I finally managed to download and install Comicrack Free on my Kindle Fire added a Comic to a Comics folder I made. Worked fine! One problem --- I added a few more Comice .cbr, .cbz, .cb7 but the program still only reads the first Comic I put in and none of the others, even with a restart of the Kindle. Not sure what the issue is. Do they need to be 'synced' via Comrack on my PC and how does that work?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29689

• riddlemethis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi, I believe they have to be synced but i am not sure as I don't have an Android tablet.

Check out the Comicrack manual, it's a fantastic resource:

comicrack.cyolito.com/downloads/ComicRac...on/ComicRack-Manual/

skc wrote:
'Spaceman' et al. I finally managed to download and install Comicrack Free on my Kindle Fire added a Comic to a Comics folder I made. Worked fine! One problem --- I added a few more Comice .cbr, .cbz, .cb7 but the program still only reads the first Comic I put in and none of the others, even with a restart of the Kindle. Not sure what the issue is. Do they need to be 'synced' via Comrack on my PC and how does that work?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29697

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The files do not have to be synced. You just need to refresh your library. You may want to consider syncing though as a way organizing your comics with the lists.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29709

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
skc,

I always sync from my PC to Kindle, but you want to look into the ComicRack on your Kindle. Check the settings and make sure it "updates" your library on each restart. This takes only a few seconds and it should show your files.

Re: Comicrack on Kindle Fire 4 years 10 months ago #29764

• skc
  • Fresh Boarder
To 'refresh the Comicrack library' I am guessing this is by Clearing the Cache in the App Data settings section?
BTW it now seems to be reading more than just the one comic I put in and after updating CRW I am now able to Pair & Synchronise the device which it is currently busy with. Still not sure exactly what I am doing but as I have found with computing, I've learned from a 'try & see' perspective, and of course with the help of you guys.
Now to scan in and digitise some of my hard copy collection some dating back to the early 1950's!
Thanks again!:)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by skc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and 2 members online