Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Syncing through wifi, and usb, don't work...

Syncing through wifi, and usb, don't work... 4 years 1 month ago #36647

• Freeballer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm writing this long explaination because I want to show I've tried to fix this on my own.
The sync icon in CRA wouldn't show up. I started using the button in CRW but a week ago, it started timing out. The sync icon would show in the "tray area", then disappear after only a few seconds.

I updated the latest version of CRW, but that didn't work. (as of sept 6, 2013). So I re-installed CRA and rebooted both.. Next I unpaired CRW and my tablet, and re-added it (Acer A500). Next I formated the sd card, reinstalled CRA. It did work, for 2 syncs but with many "read errors".. So I switched ethernet instead of wifi on the CRW pc.. I can't get it to sync through usb... but afterwards it went back to the same problem; it won't sync. The icon does not show up in CRA, and sync "timeouts" on CRW after a few seconds.

I'm fustrated at this point, so I appreciate any suggestions or explaination why this
could be happening. I've tried several times to sync comics via usb but it just hangs.
This is after I disabled "wifi" sync on CRA, and rebooted both machines (just in case).
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Freeballer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Syncing through wifi, and usb, don't work... 4 years 1 month ago #36649

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
If it worked before, but without any change on the Software side I guess this is a WiFi problem:

1) Try to use the new CRW/Preferences/Advanced option to input your device IP address. There's also a test button
2) For testing try to put your devices close to the Wifi-Router during sync and/or change the channel on your WiFi.

Re: Syncing through wifi, and usb, don't work... 4 years 1 month ago #36716

• Freeballer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
well, it only started having an issue recently. I replaced the last router because of limited range, and dropping signal; must have been 2 months ago now.

I put the device's ip, in the advanced options... I had to completely wipped out the settings on CRA, and removed and re-added the device (again).. On the plus side the usb sync seems to be working, although I want to try it again to be sure.. but the sync only works one way; I can sync by pressing the button in CRA, but it fails to connect in CRW.

That brings up a question, does comic-rack have difficulty if the device's ip address changes, or method of connecting (usb, wifi, ethernet)?
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Who's Online

We have 285 guests and 7 members online