Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Comics will not open

Comics will not open 3 years 7 months ago #38402

• SoccerDad91016
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Help! I can't open any comics on my new tablet.

I have been using ComicRack for Android full version for about a year now. I have not had any significant issues. I sync my android tablet (Asus Transformer TF700, comics are stored on a SD Card) with the Windows version running on my home PC (windows 7) and up until now everything has been great.

I purchased a new tablet, a 7 inch Asus Memopad 7 HD, and installed the latest version of ComicRack. I was able to successfully sync with my existing ComicRack library (comics again stored on the SD card) using the same Windows PC I used with my old laptop. Simply added a new device and was able to sync all the comics I wanted to the new device.

In addition to syncing I can browse my library on my new tablet (change sort order, etc...) no issues.

However, when I select a comic to read it locks up the program. It never opens and I eventually get the message from Android that ComicRack has stopped responding.

Not sure what the issue is, same version of ComicRack on both tablets. Slightly different Android versions (same Android version but different vendors).

Here are the versions:

Android app = Comicrack v1.79
Windows app = 0.9.175 64bit

Old Android Tablet OS = 4.2.1 (CromiX 5.3a, rooted)
New Android Tablet OS = 4.2.1 (Asus, not rooted)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comics will not open 3 years 7 months ago #38405

• SoccerDad91016
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Further troubleshooting.

As a test I synced one comic as optimized and another comic with optimized unselected.

Both comics synced to the device as expected. However, I could only view the pages of the non-optimized comic.

The optimized comic would open, but I could not view any of the pages. The app eventually hangs and I get the "comicrack has stopped responding dialog".

Am doing further bulk testing to see if it really is just optimized comics.

Anyone else with any ideas?

Comics will not open 3 years 6 months ago #38645

• lapsap
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same problem and it still hasnt been resolved. Check here for a potential workaround.

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/37-help/3751...fi-sync-comics#37533

I have a bigger issue which is related to Android 4.4 on the Galaxy Note 3. Post the upgrade my comics no longer sync due to a weird permissions issue on 4.4

Comics will not open 3 years 6 months ago #38677

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
I had this problem ongoing for quite a while until I pinned it down to corrupt comics, might have to write a script to check CRC's etc in downloaded comics.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Who's Online

We have 181 guests and 5 members online