Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 6 months ago #38649

• lapsap
  • Fresh Boarder
Anyone experiencing this?

Setup:
1. Windows Homeserver 2011 running Comicrack for Windows (donated).
2. Syncs to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.4 Kitkat. Running the paid version of Comicrack. No issues before upgrade to 4.4.
3. Sync fails when external SD card is selected as the default comic folder.

Troubleshooting steps
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both installations on Homeserver and phone.
2. Reset device entirely and downloaded comicrack paid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 6 months ago #38650

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
ComicRack does not have write access on the external SD card.
See the other threads about this. Lot's of apps have problem on the Samsung devices after the 4.4 upgrade.
I do not know of any workaround for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lapsap

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 6 months ago #38654

• lapsap
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for confirming this mate. Ive seen some threads about this elsewhere. Seems specific to Samsung huh..

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 6 months ago #38659

Your issue is KitKat related and talked about here:

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/37-help/3802...p-refreshing-library

ComicRack developers need to update this app to KitKat.

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 6 months ago #38670

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Whish it would be that easy. But follow the other thread anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lapsap, occunovaluxstringcheese

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 6 months ago #38679

• lapsap
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks will do.

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 5 months ago #39233

• divine01
  • Fresh Boarder
Move Comic rack to the SD Card, then assign the main folder to the folder comicrack has write access to.(android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer)ComicRack for Android will now have access to write to this folder.

Comicrack Paid will not sync to external SD post Android 4.4 upgrade on Note 3 3 years 4 months ago #39363

• daemonsan
  • Fresh Boarder
This CAN be fixed but you MUST be rooted.

What I've found with another of my apps (dropsync) is that there is a security permission that can be modified to allow apps to write to the external sd card (in a folder other than their designated install folder - e.g. you can write to extsdcard/whatever instead of only being able to write to the app's install directory).

An explanation of the problem is here: help.ttxapps.com/article/17-sdcard-on-kitkat

If you scroll to the very bottom there are instructions to fix this. I did this and have my ComicRack syncing to my external SD on my TabPro 10.1 running 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by daemonsan. Reason: Added root requirement notice.
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and 10 members online