Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: ComicRack for Android not working correctly.

ComicRack for Android not working correctly. 3 years 8 months ago #38867

• jsanchezflores13
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
ComicRack does not want to sync with my computer when using an SD card to store comics. It also keeps refreshing every now and then, and makes the app unusable. The only way I can make it work is to use the internal storage to keep my comics, but it's too small. This is after upgrading to 4.4.2 kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4, it worked fine before then. Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is this a known issue?
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by jsanchezflores13.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack for Android not working correctly. 3 years 8 months ago #38868

• sykoone
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
This is a known issue with KitKat. Something about how the permissions for apps to access the sd card have changed, which breaks the way CRA works. I haven't heard anything about a fix as of yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsanchezflores13

ComicRack for Android not working correctly. 3 years 8 months ago #38876

• jsanchezflores13
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
sykoone wrote:
This is a known issue with KitKat. Something about how the permissions for apps to access the sd card have changed, which breaks the way CRA works. I haven't heard anything about a fix as of yet.

Thanks, I did not know that about the issue with kitkat, but I did figure out the answer to the problem though. You need to have your default comics folder somewhere in /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer - and it looks like there won't be a fix for it because there's no way of getting around KitKat's restrictions. Also, if you cannot make a folder within your SD card, use the stock file browser. That's how I sorta figured it out through the error message, and also by having to move my podcasts to a different folder. That solved my problem
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Who's Online

We have 327 guests and 2 members online