Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Some cbr files not showing

Some cbr files not showing 3 years 6 months ago #39406

• jamsgry
  • Fresh Boarder
For the most part I'm really liking ComicRack for Android, except for one thing. Certain cbr files are simply not showing up. It's basically like ComicRack doesn't recognize their existence on my phone. They show up fine in any of the other dozen or so Android readers I've tried, but simply don't seem to exist in ComicRack. I'm not talking about "solid" cbr's that will happily show up, but can not be read. These are just regular cbr's. Also I'm not syncing with Windows ComicRack or anything, there are just manually copied to my phone.
So does anyone know of anything I can do to make them show up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Some cbr files not showing 3 years 6 months ago #39411

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
For arguments' sake, did you trying unpacking and repacking the archives? Maybe there's something weird with the way those were compressed originally and CRA can't figure out what they are?

Some cbr files not showing 3 years 6 months ago #39418

• jamsgry
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey thanks for the reply. Well it looks like if I unzip it, and then re-zip it and change the file type to cbz it shows up fine. So I suppose that is a plausible solution, just somewhat annoying to have to go through and do to all the comics lol

Some cbr files not showing 3 years 5 months ago #39804

• Morgenstern72
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
jamsgry wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply. Well it looks like if I unzip it, and then re-zip it and change the file type to cbz it shows up fine. So I suppose that is a plausible solution, just somewhat annoying to have to go through and do to all the comics lol

You can batch convert all comics in ComicRack for Windows. Takes quite long, but can run in the background. Only issue is that it is recognized as a new comic on Android. I convert all CBR right to CBZ before transferring. Since CBZ is a better format already (see comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/8-help/26289-cbr-vs-cbz) it's worth the time.
Proud owner of ComicRack for Windows (Donation) and Android (Full Version)
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Who's Online

We have 278 guests and 4 members online