Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them

[SOLVED] Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39668

Hi, I have a small, but still annoying, problem. I like to re-title my comics so that I can organize them into the correct reading order, since their normal titles don't do this. On Windows they show up in the smart list in the proper order (but still not with the titles that I give them) but if I sync them (wireless) to my Nexus 7, they don't keep the title that I give them and therefore don't keep the reading order that I prefer.

Is there a way I can force them use the exact titles that I give them instead of it doing it's own thing? For example, if I have a comic titled "00-01 Comic Book Title 01", it instead just displays (and therefore orders them as) Comic Book Title #1. It seems to be titling them itself, which is nice that it fetches the proper information, but also screws up my reading order.

Any suggestions/help? Thanks in advance.
I feel somewhat like an inverse tangent function that's approaching an asymptote.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by S1lent_Echoes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39671

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I don't have an answer to this since I don't have the Android version handy at the moment, but this does make me wonder "Why don't you use a standard reading list and leave the titles alone?" It'd probably be the same amount of work, but more future-proof and easier to correct problems. (And makes it easier to read the titles of the books...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: S1lent_Echoes

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39680

I will give that a try, thank you.
I feel somewhat like an inverse tangent function that's approaching an asymptote.

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39681

• tino55
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
i found the best way to keep a reading order is to uncheck the sort option in the device page on windows and then sync the smart list to the device then on the device make sure that it isnt sorted and that should keep the same reading order as the smart list.

hope that makes sense. :unsure:

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39686

Well, I looked and looked but all I can find is a regular list. I was already using a Smart List before I posted and it wasn't displaying in the order I have them, and the regular list behaves the same way.

If a Reading List is something different, could you please point me in the right direction?

If it would just keep the title that I give them then there wouldn't be an issue. Even if I try to reorder the list on Android by file names, then it still uses the names that it gives instead. :/

[EDIT] Tino55 - I have tried that but it doesn't work. I have tried every sorting option there is but it refuses to acknowledge my file names and uses it's own no matter which sort I use. :/
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by S1lent_Echoes.

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39696

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
IIRC, if you manually sort a normal reading list, on Android the sort order you want is something to the effect of "not sorted"...I forget how it's worded but it essentially says "don't reorder these". Then you should get the exact thing you'd get if you arrange by "position" in CRW (which is really how you want to do a custom reading list).
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Shinrai.

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39703

Sorry Shinrai but they already suggested that and I already reported that does not work. It is giving them it's own titles that it looks up and it sorts by that no matter what. :/

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39706

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
IIRC the sorting options are something like "Not sorted" "By series" "By filename"... none of these change anything? That sounds like a bug to me.

EDIT: I'd be interested in screenshots of what you see in CRW and CRA
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Shinrai.

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39713

No, it changes the sorting but none of those arranges them by the file names that I gave them. It arranges/sorts according the names that it gives them, for example - I have the file name 00-01 Comic Book 01 but it uses Comic Book #1 as the title, so even though it sorts correctly, it only sorts with it's title and not the one I use.

This causes the problem because for a series that spans different comics (which is pretty much every comic book series), such as say X-Men vs. Avengers, where some are Avengers comics and some are X-Men - plus many other different ones - it arranges by the first name of a comic and then the number. Whereas, with my titles I add the correct series number at the beginning, such as 00-01. It refuses to acknowledge the names I give them which screws up the order in which the series is meant to be read.

Comics Not Organized by The Title I Give them 3 years 4 months ago #39714

• Mammut
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
The Position (not sorted) only works with normal reading lists, not with smart lists, you have to select all books in your filename ordered smart list, and drag and drop them into a new normal reading list, and sync that list with the not sorted option, it will keep your book order.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Who's Online

We have 217 guests and 9 members online