Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Files not loading please HELP!!!

Files not loading please HELP!!! 2 years 1 month ago #43156

• WeaponX
  • Fresh Boarder
Im using the Asus MeMo Pad 7 tablet and the LG G3 mobile phone to use Comicrack and have been without issue for over 2 years. Recently my asus tablet recieved a lollipop 5.0 upgrade and comicrack has essentially died on me. 90% of my files show up blank with the red crossed out circle but this is not the case on my LG all the same files appear normally. I have tried everything...device factory reset multiple sd cards reinstal of comicrack app...and i just cant get the tablet to run
Can anyone please help me!!! I just cant figure out why they work on one device and not the other and i dont know what else to try
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 2 years 4 weeks ago #43159

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Try to move the comics to the internal memory and look if it helps.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 2 years 4 weeks ago #43160

• WeaponX
  • Fresh Boarder
Tried that already as well still the same problem...blank with red crossed out circle.
This only affects my asus tablet since upgrading to lollipop 5.0

Files not loading please HELP!!! 2 years 2 days ago #43689

• rmonkey
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a similar problem. Everything works perfectly on my Nexus 7, syncing from ComicRack on a Windows PC.

I recently got an Asus Zenpad S 8.0. Comics sync over fine, but I get the red slash/circle on the majority of them. A few comics *will* display correctly.

The majority -- the ones with the red slash circle icon -- open and then hang CRA when I tap them. Then Android asks to wait or close the "problem" app.

I tried a variety of different things, like loading onto a MicroSD, changing the main folder to a subfolder in my Downloads folder and so on. I even tried dropping some generic cbz books into various folders as a secondary location.

No luck. Here's what's weird: I tried a few free cbz-compatible readers on the new tablet and they seem to have the same problem.

So I'm thinking the problem is with Asus (or maybe Intel Atom? or the way Asus uses Intel Atom?), not ComicRack.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 1 year 11 months ago #44101

• iohanr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
same issue here. i have been using the lenovo yoga tablet pro 2 for a year with no problems writing to SD card using the directions in the faq. then a couple of days ago i got the android lollipop 5.0.1 update and now i got a bunch of comics with blank thumbnails and red x i uninstalled, cleared cache and data, and reinstalled, now i cant even choose the sd card as the main folder, even when i move the app to sd card. basically, i cant do what the faq because whe i click home and choose sdcard1, it wont let me create a folder in the com.cyolito folder in sdcard1. even if i create the folder outside of comicrack (using es file explorer), it wont let me click ok when i choose that folder.

help?

Files not loading please HELP!!! 1 year 11 months ago #44102

• iohanr
  • Junior Boarder
sorry for the typos and grammar. typing on a mobile device.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 1 year 11 months ago #44104

• iohanr
  • Junior Boarder
iohanr wrote:
same issue here. i have been using the lenovo yoga tablet pro 2 for a year with no problems writing to SD card using the directions in the faq. then a couple of days ago i got the android lollipop 5.0.1 update and now i got a bunch of comics with blank thumbnails and red x i uninstalled, cleared cache and data, and reinstalled, now i cant even choose the sd card as the main folder, even when i move the app to sd card. basically, i cant do what the faq because whe i click home and choose sdcard1, it wont let me create a folder in the com.cyolito folder in sdcard1. even if i create the folder outside of comicrack (using es file explorer), it wont let me click ok when i choose that folder.

help?

OK, I resolved this issue. Here is the sequence of events so that if it happens to someone else they can get some idea:

1. Everything was working fine while I was on Android 4.4.2 firmware.
2. Lenovo issued a system update to Android 5.0.1
3. CRA started showing blank books and red X on some but not all comics
4. I cleared cache. Not Fixed.
5. I cleared data. Not Fixed.
6. I uninstalled CRA and reinstalled. Now the problem got worse as I could not even choose sdcard1 anymore as Main Comics folder.
7. I moved app to SD card. Not Fixed.
8. I moved app back to Tablet. Not Fixed.
9. I uninstalled CRA again and reinstalled. Not Fixed.
10. I erased everything (reformatted) my sdcard. Fixed!

I guess the upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop corrupted something in the sdcard1. The downside is I have to re-sync 60GB of comics which will take a while, but at least it's working.

So basically, if this happens to someone else, go straight to 9 and 10 for a fresh install to fix the issue.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 1 year 11 months ago #44106

• agibaer
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I don't have any comics on my SD card, still this bug occurs with my Android 5 tablet.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 1 year 11 months ago #44108

• iohanr
  • Junior Boarder
I guess I spoke too soon. After letting my tablet sync for a few hours, I came back to check on it and it looks like the problem persists with the blank thumbnails with red X for many but not all comics synchronized.

At this point I am at a loss and there is no pattern that I can discern on why some have the "ghostbusters" red x logo and some are fine.

If cyo is willing to look into it, I can send whatever logs or do any tests necessary.

One thing is for sure on my part, this only became a problem when I upgraded firmware from KitKat 4.4.2 to Lollipop 5.0.1. This is a stock, non-rooted, Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro.

Files not loading please HELP!!! 1 year 11 months ago #44113

• agibaer
  • Fresh Boarder
iohanr wrote:
If cyo is willing to look into it, I can send whatever logs or do any tests necessary.

If cyo is willing to look into it and really lives in Innsbruck, Austria, he can come over and I'll show him first-hand ;)
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Who's Online

We have 308 guests and 7 members online