Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users
  • Page:

TOPIC: NAS library

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43222

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Firstly, my apologies if this has already been answered, BUT.....
Is there a plain and simple way I can point my Android tablet folders to my NAS, without involving my PC?
I can do this quite straight forward in PV and Challenger Viewer, but there seems to be nothing on the subject save for sync with a PC. And I don't want to keep my PC on solely for this purpose.
I use the Android free version, but I'm more than happy to buy the paid version, if it will achieve this.
I love the way CR is set out in Android verses the other two, hence my question, but if there's no way of doing this, then I'll just stick with what I can do on the others.
Many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43227

• Innuendo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
There is no functionality in ComicRack for Android (Paid or Free) that will accomplish this. However, there are apps on the Play Store that will map network locations to the Android filesystem so ComicRack for Android will find them when selecting directories. Unfortunately, I'm short on time right now & my mind has gone blank as to the names of apps to possibly to start with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Data1704

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43240

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Innuendo wrote:
there are apps on the Play Store that will map network locations to the Android filesystem so ComicRack for Android will find them when selecting directories.
Let us know when your memory clears. :) I haven't found any that don't require root.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43242

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Many thanks Innuendo for the confirmation.
It's a shame that Comicrack doesn't do this as I think it would be a very useful addon, but seeing as I haven't got a clue as to how apps and CR in particular works, then it maybe just down to it's impossible.
I can use my QNAP file manager to access my comic library on my NAS, and once it's downloaded to my tablet, I can then obviously just point to the directory on my tablet.
It's a roundabout way of doing it, if not a bit clunky, but it'll get me there in the end. Just a shame I have to use a go between to do this.
Never mind.
If you eventually remember the apps you were referring to, I'd be appreciative if you'd let me know. Just so I can test them out.
And because I like CR anyway, I may just purchase the full version, if only to get rid of the ads. :)
Many thanks once again.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43244

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
The closest to comic streaming that I have seen mentioned is Ubooquity but it doesn't use ComicRack's data info or track which books have been read, etc.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43246

• Innuendo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
It appears if you want a 'transparent' solution to this problem you'll need to be rooted. However, a roundabout method that does not require root is to use a file manager such as ES File Explorer to access your network shares and have ComicRack launch to read the books you open from within the file manager.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43319

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
fieldhouse wrote:
The closest to comic streaming that I have seen mentioned is Ubooquity but it doesn't use ComicRack's data info or track which books have been read, etc.

If you want to use a web server that use comicrack's data, you can install badaap plugin (www.badaap.nl/). Unfortunately, it isn't compatible with latest 0.9.177 version of ComicRack...

It's possible to view comics and data and you can sync reading status with CR, but you can't use ComicRack to read comics: you must use a web browser.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43624

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Innuendo,
Thanks for your further thoughts, but I already use this option.
What I'd like is to use is ComicRack's functionality, it's layout. Which is to say, as if I were looking at my entire comic collection as if was from a micro SD card, but instead of pointing ComicRack to my SD card library, I can point it to my NAS and have it do exactly the same..
I can navigate around the 'problem' of not being able to point ComicRack to my network by using ES, Astro et al, but I either end up downloading each of my comics direct to my tablet, so yes, it then forms part of my internal library and ComicRack then shows those particular comics each and every time I open it, or I use ES File Explorer that downloads each comic from my NAS (and loads them into it's cache, which is great as it doesn't take up any tablet memory), but then ComicRack just becomes another .cbr viewer.
I appreciate that in ComicRack's present form, that's not going to be possible.
Thanks for your input.

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43626

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
luke_70it wrote:
fieldhouse wrote:

If you want to use a web server that use comicrack's data, you can install badaap plugin (www.badaap.nl/). Unfortunately, it isn't compatible with latest 0.9.177 version of ComicRack...

It's possible to view comics and data and you can sync reading status with CR, but you can't use ComicRack to read comics: you must use a web browser.

I stand corrected, Ubooquity does read in any local comicrack xml metadata :D vaemendis.net/ubooquity/article10/ubooqu...-and-comics-metadata

There just isnt support for user-specific data (read/unread, ratings)

NAS library 2 years 2 months ago #43628

• Data1704
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi fieldhouse,
As I understand it, I'd need to install Ubooquity on my PC?
If so, it's not really what I want, as I don't want any involvement from my PC, because of instances of when I'm on holiday etc. the PC would be turned off.
I'd just like to be able to open the comics from my NAS.
I have seen on another forum, a version of Ubooquity for QNAP NAS, but this is for a x86 CPU models, which I'm presuming is only installed on QNAP NAS with x86, but my QNAP is a ARM CPU (TS-431), so it will not install within the apps.
It still looks like I have to either persevere with opening via ES File Explorer etc, and then opening my comics one by one with ComicRack, or even using PV viewer etc type readers.
Still think that cYo are missing a trick here.
Have the ability to point your ComicRack library to your networked NAS, and I'd be willing to pay for the full version.
Thanks for taking the time to look and reply.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Data1704. Reason: misspelt
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and 2 members online