Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Syncing stops before complete

Syncing stops before complete 11 months 1 week ago #46522

[UPDATE] My Home/Main folder on my SD card is updating. The problem is that it will only update maybe 10 comics before stopping. I have tried plugging my tablet in, setting wi-fi to on while plugged in and setting my screen timeout/lock time to 10 mins to see if any of those things are interrupting the sync. However, the sync just keeps stopping on its own after a min. Any idea what gives?

---

Hi. My main comic folder is on my SD card within the Android app directory:
/storage/3166-3637/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files

I am aware that this is the only folder that will work on an SD card as the app needs a writable folder as stated in the FAQ here.

My problem is that my library has stopped syncing even in that folder. Comics that I've read are no longer removed and new comics aren't added. Do I HAVE to move back to using the app folder on my tablet's internal memory? I hope not because my collection is too big to fit onto my internal memory :(

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T800) with Android 6.0.1 installed.

Thanks!
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Jingle-Berry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Syncing stops before complete 11 months 1 week ago #46526

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Only two things that come to mind are space and just resetting that directory. Are you running out of space? And have you attempted to delete everything in the directory and doing an small sync to test. I know it will erase the read status of all of those you have on the tablet since last sync, but it might help to kickstart it back to life.

Syncing stops before complete 11 months 1 week ago #46529

Thanks @Fuzzyluzzi for the response. I've got several gigs free so space is not the issue.

I actually deleted that folder and created a new one from within the ComicRack Android's setting menu. It then started syncing the entire folder from scratch but keeps stopping intermittently. Sometimes it syncs 20 books, sometimes 5, sometimes 50...

Hmmmm....
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Jingle-Berry.

Syncing stops before complete 10 months 3 weeks ago #46602

• taljan
  • Junior Boarder
I have a very similar problem with my tablet. It will sync all of my comics the first time but will not re-sycn to the same folder. In CR, it gives me an error "Error during read". If I delete the folder, it will load the comics again on my tablet. But it will not sync again to that folder.

Syncing stops before complete 10 months 3 weeks ago #46603

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I have a similar problem. If you start syncing again and again it will eventually chug through everything. Then try to sync often to get new releases and push the read state back.

Syncing stops before complete 10 months 3 weeks ago #46604

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
This is going to come down to the network. At some point the connection is being lost across the network, and the very fact that sometimes the connection is lasting longer than others also suggests this. There are so many things this could be, but the most obvious one might be an IP conflict across your network.

I also find the connection between ComicRack and my IPad can be inconsistent, and almost impossible without a static or assigned IP address.

ComicRack probably isn't utilising the most efficient reconnection strategy when things slow down. If I look at the complexity of my network and compare it to the simplicity of the network when I first synced ComicRack they don't bear comparison, so maybe the sync module needs updating to meet the demands of the modern world, where a household has at least three times as many things connected to the net.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Who's Online

We have 139 guests and 6 members online