Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Back issues synced while syncing new issues weekly

Back issues synced while syncing new issues weekly 10 months 4 weeks ago #46576

• Chewy07
  • Fresh Boarder
So I use comic rack for windows to sync on android tablet.

I have back issues that I would like to keep synced on the app, such as 100 bullets or other older trade paperbacks, but I have a problem.
If I want to update and sync new issues weekly, like for the new releases tomorrow (Wednesday), then I must also re-sync the back issues too.

Is there a way to keep my back issues, those issues I'll read later on, while updating the app with new issues weekly?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but please help a noob out. :D

The goal is to keep the back issues on the app, so I can take them off my PC , while being able to update the app with weekly issues.
Note: I don't have a big storage of comics.

Thanks for your time and help. Very appreciated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Back issues synced while syncing new issues weekly 10 months 4 weeks ago #46580

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
This is all down to which lists you are syncing but the short answer is yes.

What isn't clear is how exactly you want to deal with the back issues. Do you want to keep them always even when you have read them?
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Back issues synced while syncing new issues weekly 10 months 4 weeks ago #46585

• Chewy07
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, usually, when i finish an issue i just delete it within the app.

It's just that I want to keep the old stories on the app, and I want to read them when I have more time. But my main focus is the new weekly issues, hence the new update of issues weekly.

Is there a way to do this? I have the app for windows and an android tablet.

I put all weekly issues into one folder on the windows app.
The back issues would probably be in a different folder:

Back issues synced while syncing new issues weekly 10 months 4 weeks ago #46589

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course. Each list or smart-list in the sync settings can have different rules.

For example I have a list called "reading" that will stay on my device until I manually remove the files from that list, and another that just provides me with the latest unread issues.

When I sync, the "reading" list remains untouched. the only thing synced to my device are any changes to the data or the read status. At the same time the latest comics that I have read disappear, and any new ones I have added since the last sync are added to my device.

You can also create lists that only sync the five (or whatever number) oldest unread issues from a series or group of series. ComicRack is very flexible.

Back issues synced while syncing new issues weekly 10 months 4 weeks ago #46590

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
The way I would recommend doing this is to create a folder in Library view called Pull List and then Alt Drag one comic from each current series you are reading into that folder. Then right click on the folder and select 'Sync With'.

Then use the above settings.

Next create a new list called Reading and this time normal drag any individual comics you want to keep on the device. Again right click on the folder and select 'Sync With'.

One way to control which comics you sync in reading is to use the "Only Checked" option, so when you want to remove or change which issues get synced you can check the ones you want and uncheck those that you don't.

If instead you are reading through old back issues one at a time and want just the next five issues that are unread then choose this kind of setup:

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Who's Online

We have 236 guests and 6 members online