Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: ComicRack on Kindle Fire - SD Issues

ComicRack on Kindle Fire - SD Issues 10 months 1 week ago #46641

• ZebHead
  • Fresh Boarder
All,

So I have the full version of ComicRack on my Kindle Fire (through the Google Play store). For the past 6 months or so, it has been working great. I've been able to write my collection to the SD card, and able to sync over wireless. Basically, I've had none of the issues I've seen from other people on the board.

Anyway, a few days ago, I started up ComicRack, and got the notification that it can't write to SD card, and I need to change the directory. Everything appears normal, however. If I go to the Kindle info bar, it showed that the collection was in the correct directory, etc. I just can't select the directory on the SD Card.

I've tried pretty much all of the things suggested before to write to the directory it's supposed to have permissions. (I don't have my Fire here, but I believe it's Android/data/app.cyo... something) This includes moving the app to internal storage and back to the card. Then I uninstalled, deleted everything, and reinstalled to the card.

I looked in a little deeper, and I noticed that there was an OTA update right around Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the new update, or with ComicRack.

So I wanted to send this message to see if there's any other Kindle Fire users out there with a similar problem. Is everything working well with yours? Thanks for the help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicRack on Kindle Fire - SD Issues 10 months 1 week ago #46659

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi,
I've got Comicrack installed on my Fire 7 and I've got full read/write to the external card. Have you granted rights to write to the external card? the Update might have turned it off.

Steve

ComicRack on Kindle Fire - SD Issues 9 months 3 weeks ago #46738

• ZebHead
  • Fresh Boarder
Steve, thanks for letting me know it works with yours!

Knowing that it's working on other people's Kindles made me think I had something wrong.

Anyway, I think I got it working. If anybody stumbles on this problem later, here's what I did.
1) Uninstalled ComicRack using the Google Play store.
2) Used a file manager to ensure all of the directories were deleted.
3) Full Reboot of the kindle. I suspect that this is really all I needed. After I rebooted there was an opening screen that said something like "Optimizing your apps for storage". Oh well, I had already deleted everything prior to this before. Live and learn.
4) Reinstalled using the Google Play store.

Once I started ComicRack back up, I could create the directory! I haven't done the sync to ComicRack on the PC, but I suspect I won't have issues.

Ugh, I think it broke down to "reboot it, you fool". Of course when I started having issues, my head went to the most detailed of problems. Oh well, live and learn. :)

Thanks again, guys!
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Who's Online

We have 214 guests and 6 members online