Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: Android Sync Issues...again...

Android Sync Issues...again... 3 months 5 days ago #47538

• WildWildWest42
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So, everything used to work great. Had wireless sync configured properly, and a 128 GB SD card to store my comics on. I also run Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

Everything changed when I reformatted my device. I reinstalled a fresh version of ComicRack from the app store, configured IP settings in CRW .ini file (and advance pref box in CRW). Changed the default Main folder in CRA to "Local Storage 2", aka "/storage/6853-11F5/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files".

After an attempted sync, it runs smoothly until it reaches about ~7050 comics (or ~50GB used out of 128GB card). After it hits this threshold, CRW errors out during sync with "remote host forcibly denies request" and usually followed by "Error during Read". After this point, CRA will refresh and automatically set the default Main Comic folder back to the internal storage location. At this point, in going to re-set the default main comic folder back to the SD card storage, the "ok" button is greyed out and won't let me select it... So, I've found that I'd then have to close out of CRA completely, open the SD main comic folder with a file manager, manually delete ALL of the "sync-xxxxxxxxx" files, reopen CRA, have it set the default main comic folder back to the SD card one and attempt another sync, almost to immediately fail again with the errors mentioned earlier. I've redone this at least 10 times, including installing and reinstalling CRA, reformatting SD card, etc. However, every time it reaches around 7050 comics and/or about 50 GB used on the card, CRA seems to wig out and no longer allows additional transfers?

What...the...fuck...? And everything used to work wonderful before the reformat. I am completely dumbfounded and don't know how to proceed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Android Sync Issues...again... 3 months 5 days ago #47539

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
Best guess is it is two issues. CRA screwing up and not allowing more than that. Or it's your version of Android that doesn't allow more than that. A quick google search doesn't reveal much on the Android, so I'm sorry to say I have no answers for you.

Android Sync Issues...again... 3 months 4 days ago #47540

• WildWildWest42
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah, I've been at this for the last week. My version of Android shouldn't affect the issue, as just a couple weeks ago, I had it all set up and running fine, and absolutely nothing changed (ran same version of Android, on same tablet).
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Who's Online

We have 232 guests and 3 members online