Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: How do I manually load comics on Amazon Fire 7th Gen via the SDcard?

How do I manually load comics on Amazon Fire 7th Gen via the SDcard? 3 weeks 3 days ago #48235

• winman42
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been trying for days, but no luck getting comics to display in the app on my Amazon Fire 7th Gen tablet, via the SDCARD.

Ive chosen the directory as the secondary location, but I get nothing. The only way i can get comics to appear,
is by putting it on the Fire main storage area, NOT the sdcard.

Anyone know how to make this work?

thanks,

Win
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I manually load comics on Amazon Fire 7th Gen via the SDcard? 3 weeks 3 days ago #48236

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
I believe this has to do with what generation of Android you are running and the permissions it gives the ComicRack Application.
Try using /storage/extSDCard/Android/data/com.cyo.comicrack.viewer/files as your Location.

Set Ext SdCard as Comic Location
Ext SdCard Problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: winman42

How do I manually load comics on Amazon Fire 7th Gen via the SDcard? 3 weeks 3 days ago #48237

• winman42
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much for the reply, using your suggestion I was able to get the comics loaded on my sdcard to display in the app.
Again, your help was much appreciated!

Win

How do I manually load comics on Amazon Fire 7th Gen via the SDcard? 2 days 7 hours ago #48357

• winman42
  • Fresh Boarder
Having a very weird issue, after getting comics loaded on to the fire. Everything worked fine for 2 weeks or so. I was able to load and remove comics after reading them. Suddenly I went to load a few more comics, and noticed the directory was empty. I thought perhaps I had selected the wrong folder. I checked the FIRE, and noticed the comics were still loaded on the unit. Still, the directory was showing as empty. I then proceeded to load about 17 new comics, and when done all of the previous comics, and the new comics were showing on the FIRE tablet.

The noticed the problem after I turned off the FIRE tablet, and tried to read some comics. ONLY the newly loaded comics were available to read. All the previous comics were missing from the FIRE tablet.

The second strange thing i noticed was that it seems as if the previous comics are still on the FIRE tablet, because the memory usage doesn't seem to have decreased. Further, when I try to re-load some of the previous comics, I get an error. (pic attached)

Normally when trying to load a comic that already exists, you get a message asking if you want to replace an existing file. I'm just getting a strange error saying that the "device has stopped responding may be be disconnected". If I load a new comic, it works just fine.

Anyone else experienced this issue, or know a way around it?

thanks,

Winston
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Who's Online

We have 216 guests and 6 members online