Welcome, Guest
Try to get help from other ComicRack for Android users

TOPIC: How to export/import/re-apply read status to comics, e.g. after database crash

How to export/import/re-apply read status to comics, e.g. after database crash 1 week 12 hours ago #50647

• stefanaalten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I use ComicRack on Windows as well as Android, on the former as my "library manager" and on the latter as my "reader". Occasionally ComicRack on my Android tablet craps out. It only happens rarely and when I restart ComicRack it happily re-loads all the comics it can find on my tablet storage, so it's no big deal to be honest. But what is a major pain is the fact that all read statuses are reset. :( Is there a way of exporting the read statuses and keep these stored somewhere, in a separate file say, which could then be used to re-apply ("import") read statuses after a ComicRack crash/reset?
I would then simply need to make sure I periodically "export read status of all books in library" (even better if this could be scheduled/automated but that's a nicety).
Would this be possible via a script? (I have no idea how to go about this though)
Ideally this would be independent of the OS ComicRack is being used on. For example, export read status from my the library on my Android tablet and then import this to the library on my Windows laptop? Clearly any books that can't be found in the "target" library would simply be ignored (but reported on in a log file).
Many thanks for any ideas/suggestions/answers!
Last Edit: 1 week 12 hours ago by stefanaalten.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to export/import/re-apply read status to comics, e.g. after database crash 5 days 20 hours ago #50653

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Will be interested in the answer - I find that it is sufficient for me to exit comicrack or exit the comic I am reading that my android version immediately forgets where I am. I then have to look at the green bar on the bottom to guess more or less where I was.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and one member online