Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer?

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 6 years 3 weeks ago #17887

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Okay, so I looked it up on the manual to see how to import a profile into the Library Organizer, but the "Import" and "Export" buttons aren't there for me. I don't see any notes to this on the thread for it. How do you import? This is the only step that has me stumped.

*Edit Ah HAH, figured it out. It didn't install correctly for some reason. Uninstalled, reinstalled and bam, import + export buttons.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by JaceSimian2099.
The topic has been locked.

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 6 years 6 days ago #18305

• usagent27
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
600WPMPO can you please post a link to all of your icons! they look awesome!!!

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 6 years 6 days ago #18313

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
usagent27 wrote:
600WPMPO can you please post a link to all of your icons! they look awesome!!!

here is the link to some of them: www.multiupload.com/29T0DGA7SB
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 6 years 11 hours ago #18531

• aidos
  • Fresh Boarder
i use this part :600WPMPO wrote:
Part 2: Fast tagging using smart lists

You just need to edit each of the lists, and change the location of your 0-day folder. Please note that the first two lists you should tag are the crossover and the flyer lists. This should be followed by the Tags lists and then the Formats lists.

but i want that the files that are on the specefic folder, dont show on list and the others yes, is possible do this?
Last Edit: 6 years 11 hours ago by aidos.

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 6 years 4 hours ago #18540

• 600WPMPO
aidos wrote:
but i want that the files that are on the specefic folder, dont show on list and the others yes, is possible do this?
While I do not fully understand your query, but I think the "Negation" button would help you:

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 11 months ago #18560

• aidos
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry for not being clearer, but what I wanted was just that, thx.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by aidos.

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 11 months ago #18682

• ahroun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
600WPMPO wrote:

Once you have properly added the Tags and Formats on all your books, you are ready to run the Tags profile now. The Tags profile moves all the tagged files which do not have an alternate series field.

First the Tags-Alt Series profile must be run. All the Tagged files are now moved to their respective folders, and we are left with only untagged files. Now, we run the Ongoing profile on this list to move the books for which we have not marked Series Complete as Yes. Finally, we are left with the books which have series complete as Yes. We run the Complete profile on these books.

600WPMPO I am following this tutorial and things seem to be going the way you are describing, but I have some problems understanding what's the logic behind the Tags and Alt-tags profile:

The Tag profile have this formatting defined:
{<publisher>}\{<tags()(issue)>}\{<format>}\{<altSeries>}\{<series>} {(<volume0>)}
With this rule:
NOT to move ecomics that match any of the following rules:
1- Tags is empty
2- All next three:
  1. tags is not empty
  2. format is not empty
  3. alternate series is not empty
3- All next three:
  1. tags is not Crossover
  2. format is empty
  3. alternate series is not empty

So if I am correct the rule prevents moving ecomics if:
1 - The ecomic is not tagged
OR

2 - Format and alternate series have information
OR
tag is anything but "Crossover", Format is not filled in but alternate series has info.

If I am correct these rules prevents the tagged ecomics with alternate info to be processed, as you pointed out, BUT the crossover tag will only be processed IF the format is not entered.
Unless i am mistaken then this profile enforces you not to set the format info on crossovers and then use the altseries tag in the formatting.

Could you please give me some advice on this, cause I am getting mad about all the ruling section , :( :(

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 11 months ago #18689

• O.Ren
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ahoy !
  • Thank you received: 32
I think you got it right Ahroun.. I don;t use 600's profile because I feel I will understand better how my library is organized if I build hem myself, but from what you are describing, that's what his rules mean - I think.
Isn't that what you want to achieve ? Are you looking for ways to achieve a particular result ?
ComicRackers, ASSEMBLE !
Join us on IRC, don't be shy :) Server:irc.rizon.net Channel:#comicrack
More info here

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 11 months ago #18694

• 600WPMPO
ahroun wrote:
... I have some problems understanding what's the logic behind the Tags and Alt-tags profile...
If I am correct these rules prevents the tagged ecomics with alternate info to be processed, as you pointed out, BUT the crossover tag will only be processed IF the format is not entered.
Unless i am mistaken then this profile enforces you not to set the format info on crossovers and then use the altseries tag in the formatting.
Basically, I don't feel the need of 'Main Series' and 'Limited Series' formatted folders inside the Crossover folder. So, I do not input format in Crossover tagged books.

Tags-Alt Series profile moves books which we do not need an 'Alternate Series' folder.

The videos are quite explanatory also.

If there is still some confusion, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ahroun

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 11 months ago #18703

• ahroun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
O.Ren wrote:
I think you got it right Ahroun.. I don;t use 600's profile because I feel I will understand better how my library is organized if I build hem myself, but from what you are describing, that's what his rules mean - I think.
Isn't that what you want to achieve ? Are you looking for ways to achieve a particular result ?
I was new to Library Organizer as well as Tagging and followed 600's tutorial , and basically have been using comicrack from time to time to see how it evolved and normally use CDisplay. Thanks to Cyo for his improvements and all the community for their scripts I have become a ComicRack beliver! B) And so are my friends thanks to my recommendation.
I liked the tutorial and the way 600 organizes folders and tags and besides a few changes I am following these rules. But I like to understand what is under the hood so, as you say, I am able to achieve what I am looking for more accurately.
600WPMPO wrote:
Basically, I don't feel the need of 'Main Series' and 'Limited Series' formatted folders inside the Crossover folder. So, I do not input format in Crossover tagged books.

Tags-Alt Series profile moves books which we do not need an 'Alternate Series' folder.

The videos are quite explanatory also.

If there is still some confusion, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help.

Thanks for clarification! And now that I think of it, I will also take this approach.
I did something wrong while tagging all my ecomics and that was to clear comicvinescrap info from the tags in order to filter out which e-comics where still untagged, instead of doing a "contains CVDB" info. Also didn't know that when editing directly on the library the tag info input was added to the existing one, without overwriting it. My fault, and now I have to rescrap my entire collection, sigh.
Thanks again for your help!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by ahroun.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Who's Online

We have 262 guests and 4 members online