Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer?

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 8 months ago #21569

• jp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Been working on my library for a while and was wanting to do a complete restructuring. This covers exactly how I wanted to redo things and is perfect. Thanks for all the work on this.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 7 months ago #21823

• DarkSynopsis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I am thinking of finally Organizing my Comics better and most likely would go with Publisher -> Character -> Series/One-Shot/Mini Series -> Volume.

Would I just use the "Series" Format for the Main Run of a Comic? Since I don't see like Main Series and I don't see a way to quickly edit the Format set for a selected amount of Comics like you can with the Tags etc.

This way anything that has Batman as the main guy would end up in a Batman folder but then something say Superman / Batman where would someone put that?

Finally I have the Spider-Island event that I am yet to read and its just in a Spider-Island folder due to all the crossovers and I don't plan on reading some of the other Comics like Black Panther so wondering where I might put that I don't really want a Black Panther Folder with 1 Comic in there...
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by DarkSynopsis.

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 6 months ago #23005

• deathcry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
@DarkSynopsis
Not sure if you got your questions answered elsewhere...since its been awhile. But thought I would take a crack.

You can add "Main Series" to the Format field yourself. Type it in once, and it will be there in the future. Using "Series" works. I just saw that earlier today, it has LTD pic next to it, but thats meaningless I believe.

Not sure what you are asking in the 2nd part. What to do with a comic that you don't wanna read? delete it I guess...leave it in the crossover folder...ignore it. Not sure.

Also remember with crossovers you have them in a Crossover folder, or the series can be in their own folders, and use a Smart List to List the crossover...

Re: How to organize your comic folders using Library Organizer? 5 years 3 months ago #24738

• Kez
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey, I know this is kind of an old thread..

But, is it just me or does this setup make the appearance of an "altSeries" folder an impossibility?

The rules in "Tags" specifies that no files will be moved if either:
a) There is no tag or
b) There is:
- A tag
- A format
- An alternate series

So if I fill out a comic properly and it is in an alternate series, it will be excluded from this profile.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Who's Online

We have 258 guests and 4 members online