Wednesday October 01 , 2014
Text Size

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows?

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #16824

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 475
The cool thing of ComicRack for Android is that you can synchronize smart lists automatically with ComicRack for Windows. Synchronizing has the following advantages to manually copying the files:
  • You have direct access to your synchronized smart/reading lists
  • The eComics are automatically converted and optimized so ComicRack for Android can display them fast and reliable
  • Reading stats and positions, bookmarks and ratings are synchronized back to ComicRack for Windows
  • You can read all your eComics on your handheld as PDFs, CB7, CBR, DJVU, CBT and WebComics get automatically converted and optimized
For synchronization you need at least ComicRack for Windows Build 0.9.144 and up. Following steps are required for synchronization:
  1. Connect your Android device to your PC with the USB cable. Pre Honeycomb devices (phones) have to be mounted as disks (or MTP mode if available). Tablets automatically mount in MTP mode. Note that you must have run ComicRack on the device at least once.
  2. In ComicRack for Windows open the "Devices Dialog" and press the "Pair with Device" button. ComicRack will now search for valid devices. After your device has been found you can pair ComicRack with it. You can pair multiple devices with ComicRack.
  3. Now select the lists you want to synchronize. On the right you can additionally for each list define if only unread eComics should be transferred to the handheld device.
  4. Close the dialog
  5. Select the "Synchronize Devices" command. If this is the first time and you have selected lots of eComics this can take some time. In the future ComicRack will only copy changed or new eComics to the device.

Here is a screencast explaining all the above-mentioned steps:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: damocles, purplebeats, ShaneWTFMan, silentfactor

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17094

• marceloid
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, Im trying to pair my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1'' with my Windows PC, but it keeps searching and doesn't find my device... Is SGT not compatible?
Thx for the tut!

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17095

• marceloid
  • Fresh Boarder
Somehow it worked out... Dont have a clue what was the problem...

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17096

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 475
Some people have reported that turning off USB debugging made their device searchable. Maybe it was the factor..? :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17097

• marceloid
  • Fresh Boarder
Nope, the USB debugging is on. I just removed the USB cable, replugged it and it worked.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17142

• syztemlord
  • Fresh Boarder
I've also found that if it is stuck searching for device, unplug and reconnect USB. WOrks a treat after that.

Using Motorola Xoom
One Syztem to rule them all...

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17233

• wwwescape
  • Junior Boarder
Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way I an keep the folder structure while syncing from Windows to Android?

For example:

On Windows
C:\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #608.cbz
C:\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #609.cbz
C:\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #610.cbz

On Android
\sdcard\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #608.cbp
\sdcard\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #609.cbp
\sdcard\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #610.cbp

Right now everything goes into \sdcard\Comics folder which for me is a little unorganized.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17235

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 627
No. Everything gets flattened.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17236

• marceloid
  • Fresh Boarder
wwwescape wrote:
Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way I an keep the folder structure while syncing from Windows to Android?

For example:

On Windows
C:\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #608.cbz
C:\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #609.cbz
C:\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #610.cbz

On Android
\sdcard\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #608.cbp
\sdcard\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #609.cbp
\sdcard\Comics\DC Comics\Batman\Batman #610.cbp

Right now everything goes into \sdcard\Comics folder which for me is a little unorganized.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

To get this working, you could sync your comics with Dropbox or Sugarsync... Not the
same as the CR sync that syncs the status of the comics (read or unread), but
it will keep your folders structure...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaneWTFMan

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 years 11 months ago #17324

thanks very helpful
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Who's Online

We have 197 guests online

PIM

You are not logged in.