Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19639

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
red_avatar wrote:
I'm more than willing to change that score if the feature does get implemented - but you can only judge software by its current version and not about what might come later. I do love ComicRack and think it's a great piece of software which made the app all the more disappointing because I expected more considering the PC version is so brilliant.

But, I didn't come here to complain just to complain - I did it so the feature might get added in the future - I also gave plenty of information in my Android review why it got 3 stars only so they can decide whether to agree or not.

On a plus note: the "optimise" feature works really well and cuts the size of my comics in half yet still is very detailed so I'm pleased with that for sure. I really need a bigger SD card though, because of how syncing works - I only have a 4GB SD card. I don't want to store the comics on my internal drive because comics don't really need the faster reading speeds like HD clips do.

No big deal my new friend...even though I wouldn't give it the 3 stars I totally understand why you did. To each his own, right? lol
The optimize feature, syncing lists, and being able to view the comic's details and click the stored links to other comic database sites are my favorite features. I thought by now that 32GB and 64GB SD cards would be all over the place for not too much money. Boy was I wrong...I couldn't find either at the store. Though, I did get a high transfer rate 16GB SD card for my Galaxy S2 phone.

Quick side note question for you. Do you really find playing HD resolution clips from the SD card to be a problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19642

• cnmcleod
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much, it has been very useful. I didn't use comicrack but since I have an Acer Iconia A500 it's perfect. I found the problem that it doesn't open some comics in Android while other ereaders do, solution was to syncronize it with windows (I prefer just "drag and drop" but ok, I do it) but I have a question, Why I can't choose where to sincronize my ecomics in my tab?
It has internal memory and SD and I want to put them on \SD\comics.
This is first time I sincronize but comick rack didn't ask me where, is there any way to change the location?

Apart of it I find it a little bit slow, half an hour syncronising and with explorer would last 5 minutes... why this difference?

Thank you very much, in a future please try to make "solid" cbr compatible with comick rack for android.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19644

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
So here a few responses to the main points:

* Sync is not useless. Lots of people are using it. It may be useless TO YOUR WAY of reading/managing your eComics. Saying it is useless is like a buyer of a car complaining that he can not fly with it. Saying that it is useless is like saying that the ITunes/IPad/IPhone combo is useless (where the PC is also the hub). So it would be nice to maybe change your detailed review stating that sync is useless for YOU, but may be useful for OTHER people.

* Sync is not only copying comics to your device. It is mainly about reading states, ratings being in sync across your devices and computers.

* There will almost for sure never be a smartlist editor on the mobile version. This is just a piece of code way out of scope for a mobile app.

* One of the next planned features is a pull editor where you can change the selected lists on the PC from your device. Maybe also pull single eComics.

* Beyond that I plan to implement remote library viewing. But I still have to solve the problem of huge libraries. The meta data alone of decent sized libraries brakes the memory of phones.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by cYo.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19645

• cnmcleod
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, I supose this answer is for previous comments....
Will you solve the solid cbr compatibility with comick rack without sync? Is it possible?
Thanks again.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19646

• cYo
I will add a warning. I'm not going to support them.
Solid CBRs are crazy on the PC and insane on a mobile device.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19647

• cnmcleod
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you again, do you know how to know if a cbr is a solid one and a quick way to make it compatible with Comickrack? Don't know why but sync comick rack with my tab is veeeery slow, an hour or so 4Gb...

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19650

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
cYo wrote:
I will add a warning. I'm not going to support them.
Solid CBRs are crazy on the PC and insane on a mobile device.

This is the first time I've ever heard of solid CBRs. I'm not a fan of CBRs to begin with, but just what are solid CBRs anyway and how are they different from other CBR files?

Thanks

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19651

• red_avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
cYo wrote:
So here a few responses to the main points:

* Sync is not useless. Lots of people are using it. It may be useless TO YOUR WAY of reading/managing your eComics. Saying it is useless is like a buyer of a car complaining that he can not fly with it. Saying that it is useless is like saying that the ITunes/IPad/IPhone combo is useless (where the PC is also the hub). So it would be nice to maybe change your detailed review stating that sync is useless for YOU, but may be useful for OTHER people.
I said virtually useless because there's easier ways to sync out there that don't require direct PC access - the meta data is indeed an advantage but surely you can see that people would put the choosing from things to upload through their tablet to be at least as important. My review was also informative enough for people to know what I called it that, so it's not a blanket statement (unlike most reviews).
cYo wrote:
* Sync is not only copying comics to your device. It is mainly about reading states, ratings being in sync across your devices and computers.
It's handy to have, for sure, but the app page didn't mention this. It did mention "Full library management" and since my full library is on my PC I assumed you could remotely pick, search and sync because of the massive size of CBR & PDF files and the limited space most people would have.
cYo wrote:
* One of the next planned features is a pull editor where you can change the selected lists on the PC from your device. Maybe also pull single eComics. Beyond that I plan to implement remote library viewing. But I still have to solve the problem of huge libraries. The meta data alone of decent sized libraries brakes the memory of phones.
That's all I really need to happy, to be honest. Even just being able to mark comics remotely for sync would be a godsend.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19652

• cYo
You seem to suggest there is false advertising...

Just to be sure I checked the texts of the free and paid version and the only differences are
The paid version removes all the ads and adds wireless synchronization. So you no longer need to connect your device to your PC to get your eComics from ComicRack for Windows. You can even invoke a synchronization directly from your device and your PC will send you all the new eComics from your lists.

and in the feature list
• USB and Wifi synchronization with ComicRack for Windows

I see nothing wrong here.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by cYo.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 10 months ago #19654

• red_avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
*facepalms* Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said it was confusing because it said "FULL library" with me interpreting "full" as "my entire library on my PC" since no way a mobile device could store a full library of any decent size but of course you meant the "full" local synced library.

And why should I have to compare two app pages? I simply looked at the paid version's page. The "you can invoke" bit you quoted made me think you could pick and sync remotely as well - it's all about how you interpret things I guess. "Invoking" can mean many things.

In the end, I just explained why I was disappointed - because I expected the sync feature to be fleshed out enough to at least give me some control over what I wanted to read on my tablet. For now, I just installed a remote desktop on my tablet so I can remotely tag lists but it's quite a run-around.
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Who's Online

We have 255 guests and 5 members online