Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 7 months ago #22067

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Good to hear that it works now :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 7 months ago #22395

• den_erpel
  • Fresh Boarder
$ cat cbr-to-cbz.sh
#!/bin/sh

find . -name '*.cbr' | while read i
do
  zipname=$(basename "$i" .cbr)
  mkdir tozip
  unrar x "$i" tozip/
  cd tozip
  find . -iname "*.jpg" -print | sort | zip "$zipname" -@
  mv "${zipname}.zip" ../"${zipname}.cbz"
  cd ..
  rm -rf tozip
done

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 6 months ago #22876

Hello! Could someone point me in the right direction on how to prevent comicrack from removing books that I've read from my device upon syncing? I couldn't seem to find it...

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 6 months ago #22878

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
I wish the Motorola Xoom would connect to Ubuntu :-(

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 6 months ago #22881

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
NachoWCheese wrote:
Hello! Could someone point me in the right direction on how to prevent comicrack from removing books that I've read from my device upon syncing? I couldn't seem to find it...

Turn off the remove read option from the synced list.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by cYo.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 4 months ago #23753

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Now that I have more comics that I can hold on my tablet I'm playing with the sync options more. What I want to do is keep a large number of my read comics on my tablet for a while. So I am currently syncing just my "library" in the device options. I checked "Only Unread" and "But Keep last read" and edited comicrack.ini
; Count of read comics to keep in the list if "unread" is checked
SyncKeepReadComics = 80

I synced and all my read comics were removed. Do I have my options set correctly for what I want to do. Do I understand SyncKeepReadComics? Does this not work on the library but only on other smartlists? If so the checkboxes should note this somehow.

I tried syncing again a couple times, no changes.

"Limit to", "Optimize Size" and "Only Checked" are all unchecked. Sort by is checked and set to Series.

Thanks.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 4 months ago #23757

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
I'm trying some other options and I made a smart list for a series and set the device sync to limit it to 50 books (read and unread). I want to keep the newest books, but it seems like all the sort by options are ascending. So it doesn't matter if I select Series, Published or Added; I get the oldest books not the newest ones. Can we get an ASC/DESC option for the sort by?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 4 months ago #23796

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
Answering my own questions with a workaround smartlist.

I made a new smartlist based on the Series I was interested in and filtered to include published dates in the last 1500 days which should be about 50 issues for a monthly comic. So now I sync that smart list instead of a smart list based on the whole series and trying to limit it in the device sync options.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 4 months ago #23875

• krwren
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
All of a sudden I was not able to sync with my Acer A500. It failed both on WIFI and with USB. I re-installed both the Android App and the Windows Program and still could not get it to work.

After looking and thinking for a little, I realized I had installed Virtual Box. I uninstalled Virtual Box and now it works fine.

I hope this helps others.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 1 month ago #26591

• Shadouness
  • Fresh Boarder
nevermind... fbilgrami solved my problem in page 2 of this Topic/thread -- comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/38-tutorials...it=10&start=10#19591

Thanks, man!
///

I've never had any luck with synchronizing ComicRack with my Toshiba Thrive... whyy?? nothing appears on the "Select Device" dialog box.
I've never seen that "OK" button clickable there, ever :'/

Issue with the Thrive? :'?

Thank you.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Shadouness. Reason: found the solution to my issue
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and 4 members online