Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 1 month ago #26592

• Shadouness
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes! fbilgrami, you're awesome, That worked! ='D
however you ever figured that out, we don't know.
Hnh... I hope that's the end of my ComicRack syncing problems.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 5 years 4 days ago #27002

• Corillon
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I am editing all of this out. I answered my own question partially. Intiially I thought Wifi Sync was in the CRW preferences but it is in the CRA preferences. I have unistalled, reinstalled, deleted the comic folder, restarted the app. I can not get the computer to even see the device over Wifi. Extremely frustrating.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 days ago by Corillon.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 10 months ago #28798

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
OK, I'm not a network guru by far. So I'm here to seek wireless syncing by wifi advice.

So here's the deal. I'm already able to successfully sync to my Samsung Galaxy phone by way of USB. However, I can't seem to get it working after trying all suggestions here. I'm trying to use the phone's wireless wifi capabilities to connect to ComicRack on my laptop. Now, it works just fine using my phone's wifi connection to allow my laptop to connect to the internet over the 4G LTE network. Is it also even possible to use this same wifi link to sync ComicRack?
  • I checked the "Wireless synchronization" option in CRA
  • I made sure that my Firewall wasn't blocking any ComicRack traffic, which if I'm not mistaken, clicking web links successfully and successfully viewing web pages from within ComicRack both confirm this. I even tried to connect with my Firewall completely turned off.
  • I have my Main eComic folder in CRA set to /mnt/sdcard/Comics (I originally had it set to /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Comics but changed it to meet the 3 tier rule) and this still doesn't cause it to display my device in "Pair with device..." dialog in CRW
  • I even deleted all books out of the Main eComic folder and made sure there were no other comic folders on the device

So, my question is, is it even possible to use my devices wifi connection to sync the two apps together? And if yes, then what else should I try to get this working?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 10 months ago #28803

• Trask
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Oracle - Did you edit the config file on CRW? You need to give it the internal IP address of the CRA device (and uncomment the line obviously).
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview, mota

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 10 months ago #28809

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Trask wrote:
Oracle - Did you edit the config file on CRW? You need to give it the internal IP address of the CRA device (and uncomment the line obviously).
Thanks a bunch Trask! I didn't see this mentioned in this tread though I do recall reading this before somewhere and just couldn't find anything other than this thread.

So it is finally working for me. I just want to point out one final note for anyone else that may still be having trouble with this and using a similar device like mine. For me, it works a little different when syncing by way of USB and by way of WiFi.
  • When syncing by way of USB, on my Samsung Galaxy S2, I have to first TURN ON the "USB debugging" option, then use the "USB mass storage" option.
  • When syncing by way of WiFi, on my Samsung Galaxy S2, I have to first make sure that the "USB debugging" option is TURNED OFF.

Again, thanks Trask (+karma for you for the reminder)...it's always that one step you forget that screws you up.
Now as long as I have enough battery life on my phone at the time, I can sync much more conveniently. Look ma, no wires! :woohoo:
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 9 months ago #29447

• mota
  • Fresh Boarder
Could someone please add that part about CRW config file and IP addresses to Troubleshooting (wireless) synchronization part of CRA help? Just spend two hours tinkering with my tablet and pc :)
Thanks Trask for the tip.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 9 months ago #29592

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Another thing I'd like to point out when setting up your device for syncing CRW to CRA is that when attempting to pair my device to CRW, CRW only finds my device when the device is directly connected through the USB cable. At least with my Samsung Galaxy SII phone I was unable to pair my device through using WiFi. However, after the device is paired using the USB cable connection, I can then sync through WiFi just fine. I don't know if that is how all Android devices are able to be paired to CRW, but that is how it works for my device. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33775

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I may be blind, but how do you start the wifi sync from CRA? Also, where is the config file for CRW that needs to be edited?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33779

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I think that's what you were asking for:
When you are in CRA, tap the top left corner (the CR logo) and when side tab pops out there will be 3 buttons near the top, the left one is the wifi sync.

Also, you may not need to edit the settings file, but if you do, its Program Files/ComicRack/ComicRack.ini

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33782

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
If you edit the settings file create/edit comicrack.ini at
%APPDATA%\cyo\comicrack

and only add the setting you want to change. This way you do not lose the change with the next ComicRack update.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by cYo.
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds

Who's Online

We have 245 guests and 5 members online