Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33783

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I have attached a screenshot of my CRA. I only see 2 buttons so I must not have it setup correctly.

cYo - I looked in that location and I do not have a comicrack.ini file so I am assuming I need to create one. What is the syntax that I need to put into the file? My table has a static IP assigned so I know it will be the same every time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33785

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Yeah it should be to the left of the refresh button. Check in preferences -> ComicRack and see if you might have the wireless synchronization option unchecked. EDIT: To clarify, I mean make sure that it is checked and NOT unchecked.

Also, yeah you have to create it the first time. Basically just create a blank txt document, add only the line(s) you are changing/enabling, save it, rename it to comicrack.ini (make sure you windows explorer set to show extensions before you rename or it won't change it to an ini file), and put it in the %appdata%/cyo/comicrack.

As cYo said, you don't have to create the secondary ini file, but if you don't then you will have to re-edit the file in the CR program files directory every time you update CRW.

EDIT:
I believe for your case, you would just a single line in the ini file that you're creating:
ExtraWifiDeviceAddresses=192.168.0.102
And if you want to add more than one (doubt you will since you are static, but just covering my bases), just throw a coma and space after each ip addy.

If I'm incorrect in the syntax I apologize in advance, but it should just be exactly the same as in the default ini (minus the ; of course).
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by wojosama.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33786

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
I do have wireless sync turned on in CRA.

What should the line look like in the comicrack.ini file? Is something like:

CRAIP=192.168.1.1

?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33787

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
Read my previous post, i was editing it when you posted that.

As far as not having the wifi button, I've reach the limit of my very minimal knowledge on why it wouldn't be there. Gonna have to look to the master for that one.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33789

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, so I have done that I still do not see anything.

I have restarted CRW and CRA. I have disabled my Firewall and I have verified that the tablet is on the network.

I do have a question on pairing. If I have already paired it via USB do I need to delete that pairing and create a new one?

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33790

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
I don't think you should have to unpair them but I honestly don't know. Unfortunately I'm tapped out as far as knowledge on wifi pairing and synching goes. I use a fairly old router and its just so much faster for me to sync through usb that I've never bothered with wifi.

Hopefully one of these other guys who knows more about this than I do will be able to help you further. If you still haven't gotten it figured out by tomorrow I'll see if I can mess around with mine and figure out what's going on, but I don't know how much help that will be. I wish you the best of luck with it either way though. And of course, if you figure it out, update us and hopefully spare future generations of ComiCrackheads.... that sounded so much better in my head (and not so much like a cold war era burn on communists :silly: ). Whatever, you get my point!
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by wojosama.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33791

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for all your help! The only reason I am running this down is because I am hoping it will be faster than my USB sync. I did get that down to about 7-10 min per book versus 30 with a new USB cable and using the port on the back of my PC. Still takes way to long for my taste though.

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33805

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah I totally understand. While 7-10 minutes is so much better than the 30 minutes for an issue you were experiencing before, its still way too long for a single issue.

This might be obvious, but have you tried uninstalling CRA and redownloading/reinstalling it? I really can't think of a reason that the wifi icon wouldn't be there short of a bad install or something.

Actually, one more question, is this with the beta or the stable version, or both that this is happening with? The wifi issues I mean, I'm pretty sure you had the usb issues on the stable version?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FPMPlay

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33811

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
FPMPlay wrote:
I have attached a screenshot of my CRA. I only see 2 buttons so I must not have it setup correctly.

Do you use the 1.76 beta?
The beta only shows the button if CRW is detected in the network. There's a known issue/setups where the Android device does not see CRW.
IN these cases you can only initiate the sync from CRW (with setting the ip in the ini file).
The following user(s) said Thank You: FPMPlay

Re: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 4 years 5 months ago #33815

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you wojosama and cYo for your help! I finally have my WiFi sync working correctly. The last step was to uninstall the app, format my SD card and start over.

Now I am syncing and see times of about 13 secs per book. Awesome!!

@cYo - Yes I am using the beta and the button is not showing for me. I had to put the table IP in the comicrack.ini file.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Who's Online

We have 211 guests and 5 members online