Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows?

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 3 years 8 months ago #38819

• luchofu
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. A few months ago I started to use ComicRack for Android and I love it. Now my tablet is running out of space, so it's time to move some comics to my PC. I have a lot of bookmarks and notes that I don't want to lose. What I want is to copy that kind of info to my pc. I never used ComicRack for windows before, so I manually added my comics to the tablet (all are this files are ".cbz"). I don't know how to sync my bookmarks and notes to my pc (I mean, when I synchronize my devices, ComicRack for Windows doesn't recognize my comics in the tablet). Is there any way to do this? Thank very much.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 3 years 6 months ago #39487

• SoccerDad91016
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know this is an older thread, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm syncing to multiple devices (two different Android tablets with the same Windows PC). The sync works fine as far as putting the right comics on each device. However, the read/unread status and ratings don't seem to sync.

If I read a comic on tablet A and rated it, it will sync the status with windows and shows in comicrack.

But when I sync tablet B it does not pick the new status and still shows as unread and unrated.

Is there anything extra that needs to be done to manage across multiple devices?

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 1 year 11 months ago #44390

• Lashley93
  • Fresh Boarder
Syncs fine, then on tablet lenovo yoga 2, it shows a white book with a red x

if i try and open the book the comicrack app crashes :(

Any fix?

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 1 year 9 months ago #44793

• talorsam
  • Fresh Boarder
Android phone functions get stronger and stronger and we store more and more personal information. As a result, there remains little space inside our phone as time goes. So it's urgent to transfer some of them from Android to computer and make space for internal memory. Phone Transfer, a data management tool from RecoveryAndroid is a best choice. You can install and run the program, then connect your Android to PC. The app will detect phone data automatically and show in categories. So you can backup & restore data from Android phone to PC with one click.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by talorsam.

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 7 months 1 week ago #47423

• ajyates
  • Fresh Boarder
I wiped my Nexus 7 tablet and installed a custom rom to breathe some new life into it. But I could not get CRW to find the tablet. I plugged the device into the PC, as instructed. Once I clicked the "Pair with device..." button the dialog appeared and stayed for about 5 minutes without finding my tablet.

I tried a number of things before I found something that worked for me.

Here's what I had to do to get the Sync working for a "New Android Device":

I unplugged all of the external hard drives (of which I have 3) from the PC and restarted CRW.
Upon opening the "Pair with device..." dialog my tablet appeared right away.

How to synchronize your android device with ComicRack for windows? 2 months 4 weeks ago #48185

• freMea
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I've been used CR for years with no issue with Android 5 and my Win10. Now I upgrade the same device with Android 6.0.1 and the sync keeps telling me nonsense in tasks window.
  • I unpair my device
  • Unplugged
  • Remove my Comics folder from my internal SDcard (not the ext one I never used for this)
  • Uninstall CRA (removed the data too first)
  • Reinstall CRA
  • Recreate the folder to /storage/emulated/0/Comics with CRA
  • Plugged USB cable via MTP
  • Open CR and pair the device
  • Select only one serie that have only 2 unread books to sync
  • Open the tasks window
  • Run the sync

Tasks Results (I replace original text in ' ' with something meaningful for everyone):
Syncing device 'blabla' - running
Syncing device - removing 'A book that used to exist but no longer does since my Comics folder is empty'
End before reaching 100%
It never copy anything to my device, just telling me removing thing that used to exist on Comics folder before I manually deleted them to fix the sync.
After that when I run the sync, it is launched until the running state and stop until I unplug, replug the device and the same steps are the same as above. No error reported during process.

How is that? Why does it keep trying to remove thing that doesn't exist. What file I need to delete other than the Comics folder and the app data?

I would add that MTP has never been a reliable tech on any of my devices with any PC. I regret there was not an option to sync with ADB instead.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by freMea.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and 3 members online