Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library

What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library 4 years 4 months ago #35352

I have a pretty huge library. I try to follow certain series, and those I don't, I organize and archive.

Right now, in order to ensure the books that I regularly read end up on my Android device, I maintain a smart list that has a bazillion rules, each being the title of a book I'm reading. This lets new ones get synced automatically when they are added to the library, but doesn't try to cram my entire 100G library onto my tablet!

Anyway, has anyone found an easier workflow than:
  1. Try to remember title of series you want to add
  2. Right click on smart list
  3. Edit
  4. New rule
  5. Series Contains
  6. Uhh...What was it again?
  7. Oh yeah, <typity type>
  8. Save
  9. Check list for series
  10. Crap it's not there
  11. Repeat previous steps
  12. Okay got it.
  13. Wireless sync!

EDIT: More words:
Beyond that, ComicRack is seriously excellent. On both Android and Windows. Despite the lack of fun in adding new series to my smart list, EVERYTHING ELSE is awesome about the software (and the scraper/organizer plugins) and I adore it. Thank you cYo.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by totallymike. Reason: Addendum
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library 4 years 4 months ago #35353

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Use the add series to pull-list script.

Add the 'Pull-list' tag to any series. All future issues will get that tag automatically.

Make a smartlist like this:

Read & enjoy! :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library 4 years 4 months ago #35354

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Have you tried using the Pull-List script? I've used it before and it worked fine. Just had a few problems after I moved the database that I hope someone can help me with. Once you flag a series as part of your pull list, it will add the tag 'pull-list' to that series upon restarting CRW. So for me, I scrape, move with Library Organizer, Update all book files, restart, then sync my smartlist that looks for the pull tag. hope this helps.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Fuzzyluzzi.

Re: What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library 4 years 4 months ago #35355

That is EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you!

Re: What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library 4 years 4 months ago #35474

• burnshroom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Is there a way to pull by filename and then scrape in that list only.

That is my only problem with Comicrack, and then not even really with CR, just the tediousness of have to scrape EVERYTHING just to get what I really wanna read.

Re: What's your favorite way to sync a subset of your library 4 years 4 months ago #35475

You don't HAVE to scrape everything. My 0-day workflow is this:

(This depends on the ComicVine plugin, the Organize Library Files and Folders plugin, and of course the Pull List scripts [thanks again, this is so much simpler to manage than my old workflow!])
  1. Open the 0-day folder in the ComicRack Files tab (not Library)
  2. Select all
  3. Add To Library
  4. Scrape
  5. Organize
  6. Restart ComicVine so Pull List can be updated
  7. Wireless Update
I only do this because it's easier for me to just scan and store everything, rather than cull Archie comics and such. It is, however, really handy if you decide later that you'd like to pick something up, as you've already got back issues.

You can easily do this instead:
  1. Open the 0-day folder in the ComicRack Files tab
  2. Ctrl-Click each file you actually want
  3. Add to Library
  4. Scrape
  5. Organize
  6. Restart
  7. Sync
The nice thing about this is it makes it easy to avoid dupes. In my steps above, I omitted the part where I use the Show Dupes view to delete duplicates that show up.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

On an unrelated note, what does updating all files actually do? I tend to never use it, because it doesn't seem to have any effect for me. Am I missing something?
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by totallymike. Reason: Clarification
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Who's Online

We have 211 guests and 3 members online