Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition)

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 6 months ago #45287

• 2skoops
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm not at home right now so I can't check how The Organizer is setup, but I believe the problem is probably due to the order of of profiles run by Library Organizer. In general, a comic is checked against each LO profile in order, then moved according to the last match found on the list. So one option could be to change the order in which the profiles are checked, but this could definitely have unintended consequences. A better option would probably be to modify the "Number Series" profile (or whatever it's called) and add a rule to exclude any series where the "Series Group" field is filled in (in order for a comic to actually be processed into a "main series" folder, it needs to belong to a Series Group).

If that's not the issue, I guess things to check are:
- The "Main Series" Library Organizer profile is below the "Numbered Series" profile when you run LO.
- The comics are having their "Series Group" set properly by Data Manager. If not, you may need to add a new rule to add a new Series Group for your comic.
- The comics are actually being tagged properly as "Main Series" by Data Manager. If not, you may need to add a new rule for your series in Data Manager.

Let me know if that helps at all, and if not I'll try to look at the rules and figure out what's happening in this particular case.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 6 months ago #45288

• Uplinkpro
  • Fresh Boarder
Im using the order from the manual so Im guessing all is well, however i notice a similar issue is happening with comics that are tagged Multi but also have the Main Series tag it creates folders in the proper letter but removes them from the multi folder structure.

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 6 months ago #45289

• 2skoops
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, 600's guide is amazing, but it's definitely intended as an example and a starting point for your own organization. The important thing is to look through what he did, understand what's happening, and know why he did things the way he did. Then when something comes up that doesn't exactly fit into his template, you understand enough to make the necessary changes.

I followed his template (with a few modifications) to organize my library, and am very happy with the results, but I definitely see places I need to make changes. Some of this is just micromanagement of my library (adding Count properties for things that need to be in limited series or one shots, or adding things to DM rules to be included in the main series tags), while others are larger changes. But that's all just part of the fun :)

Thanks again @600WPMPO for the fantastic guide!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 4 months ago #45533

• johnson_pw
  • Junior Boarder
Yet again spending way too much time on my organizational structure :P

Reading through the 2015 edition of this again and curious as to why some characters are sorted via "Series Group" rather than "Main Character". Such as Black Widow, Deadpool, Nova, etc. I would've thought "Series Group" would serve as a superset of "Series" and "Main Character" attributes. Rather than "Main Character" being a subset of "Series Group". Hoping to get a look behind 600's curtain.

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 4 months ago #45536

• 2skoops
  • Fresh Boarder
To keep the rules consistent, he's always using "Series Group" to define anything that are a "special" folder and contain organization beyond just a single volume. Usually this is just some subfolders (main, limited series, annuals, etc..) but sometimes even this isn't enough and further division is desired. That's where he uses the "Main Character" tag as a secondary grouping.

So by using a Series Group of "Avengers" and a "Main Character" groups of "Young Avengers" and "Secret Avengers" he can create a nested hierarchy like this:

Avengers
-- annuals
-- limited series
-- Secret Avengers
-- -- annuals
-- -- limited series
-- Young Avengers
-- -- annuals
-- -- limited series

Most folders don't need this level of organization, so the "Main Character" field is left blank. To simplify the DataManager organization rules, you then use "Series Group" to define all of the groupings, including ones like Deadpool, even though they are really just characters.

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 4 months ago #45541

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes. think of these as worked examples. Anyone deciding to implement this kind of structure is probably going to start tweaking for personal preference sooner or later.

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 4 months ago #45567

• johnson_pw
  • Junior Boarder
I think I've figured it out. In the Library Organizer, you can't use <first(Main Character)> but you can use <first(Series Group)> .

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 4 months ago #45571

• unrealbe
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I want to organize this way ( i used a way older script to do organize some stuff) but I have a question.

Normally when i should click the library organizer quick button a selection of profiles dialogs should pop up. But I have to select one (none are selected).
What did I do wrong?

A second question, I prefer not to use the system of alfabet first but just use the characters
ex. not alfabetical\A\Avengers

is it just enough to change the base folder in every profile?

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 3 months ago #45835

I've managed to get everything working via this guide except for the DataManager smartlist.

I never seem to get any comics showing up in it.

I've checked some comics and they all have the datamanager.processed custom column and it's blank.

This is the smartlist query:
Name "07 DataManager"
Match All
{
    [Custom Value] equals "DataManager.processed" "",
    Not [Custom Value] equals "comicvine_issue" "",
    [File Directory] equals "E:\\Comics\\0 Day"
}

It all looks right to me, I just can't get anything to show in it.

Any ideas?

The Organizer 2015 (2nd edition) 1 year 3 months ago #45860

• 2skoops
  • Fresh Boarder
ParalysedBeaver had a similar question earlier in this thread, and I had also run into something similar. Here was my response for what worked for me:
comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/38-tutorials...ition?start=10#45223
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and 7 members online