Welcome, Guest
Section to post tutorials on how to manage and read your eComics

TOPIC: New extended Documentation of the Comicrack API for Scripts Developers

New extended Documentation of the Comicrack API for Scripts Developers 1 month 3 weeks ago #48098

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 101
I start this topic because I have been writing simple scripts for Comicrack for a while now, and the more I do it the more I find out about fields and methods in the API objects that are NOT described or even mentioned in the Official Documentation in the site... (about 80% of them ARE NOT in the list)

Thanks to other developers and python flexibility to list methods and values of objects, I have discovered a lot of interesting tools, but many of them are still unknown to me, and I think to most script writers...

Is there a wiki or something alike where we can share all this findings?

For example, I have a list of all attributes of the following API objects: Comics, APP, and Page. Many of them I found out what they are used for, many still not, it would be cool if we make a list for all this attributes and how they can be used... (specially methods that are not that trivial)

OF COURSE I am talking about methods and attributes of COMICRACK API objects, not python per se...
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New extended Documentation of the Comicrack API for Scripts Developers 1 month 3 days ago #48202

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Some years ago I documented as much as I could find about the API in the wiki. You could edit that with your findings. Sadly the wiki is not really used anymore and has been terribly vandalized. Alternatively I can sticky a forum topic for you.

New extended Documentation of the Comicrack API for Scripts Developers 1 month 3 days ago #48203

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 101
I am not planning in doing a database with all comicrack data for scripting... I couldn't do it even if I wanted to XD

What I was saying is it would be cool to have a place where all developers could add their findings in, and not to depend only in what they experiment...

If we all use that wikia for this, it would be great for all of us :)
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and 6 members online