Total number of voters: 3
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Joe Hill's The Cape

Re: Joe Hill's The Cape 4 years 7 months ago #31536

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I know that Shinrai was hosting the Reading Club Shared List but he had much personal business come up and hasn't been able to host it lately but, as I said before, if someone isn't able to buy the current selection for whatever reason just PM me and I can share my copy with you if you'd like. The more comments, the merrier. I'd personally love more input from our community on the reading club (which includes YOU if you're reading this).
The topic has been locked.

Re: Joe Hill's The Cape 4 years 7 months ago #31702

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Finally it is here! :cheer:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Joe Hill's The Cape 4 years 7 months ago #31960

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I finally read it just now. Here are my reviews:

**Issue #0-1**

An extremely well-written first issue that does all a first issue needs to do: introduce the plot, develop the characters, and leave the reader wanting for more. And oh, not only does it simply do all this, it does this in great style. However, we've read many stories like this, so predictability is quite rampant here.
A rock-solid issue, but with a usual 'hero-gone-bad' tag. 4/5

**Issue #2**

Second issue down, and it's turning out to be a thoroughly predictable tale. That the main protagonist of the story is an extremely unlikable (despicable is a better word) character, doesn't help. The art is stylish, and nicely matches the darkness of this pessimistic story.
I give this a 3/5. The next issues better make up for this one, or the ratings are seriously gonna dwindle.

**Issue #3**

While the story is very fast-paced & the art is perfect, I think the main character is shown to be bad/evil, just for the sake of it. His actions are unjustifiable & not convincingly understandable. But still, this is enjoyable.
This gets only a 3/5 due to its unconvincing writing.

**Issue #4**

Now, this was a hell of an issue! Great art, with at least 2 very cool double-page splashes of the carnage inflicted by Eric. This issue has set me thinking.. is there going to be a twist in the tale? Is everything in this story not as it seems? I just can't wait to read the finale.
One of the better issues; this gets a 4/5.

**Issue #5**

The final issue went as expected, along predictable lines. No twists or surprises. I really liked the art of this series. This last issue had a double-page splash where we get to see the twisted mind of Eric. If not for the art, I think this book would have been just passable.
The last issue gets a 1.5 for the story & a 4.5 for the art. I'll settle for a 3 for the entire issue.

Overall, this is an enjoyable, fast-paced book with great art, but a predictable, and at times, unconvincing story.
3.5/5
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Who's Online

We have 180 guests and 4 members online