# of issues: 6
Available in TPB: Yes
Publisher: Image
Published: 03/14/2012 - 08/15/2012

TBP INFO:
Published: 10/10/2012
ISBN-10: 1607066017
ISBN-13: 978-1607066019
Purchase Physical: Amazon (www.amazon.com/Saga-Vol-Brian-K-Vaughan/...sr=8-1&keywords=saga)
Purchase Digital (TPB and Indiviual): Comixology (www.comixology.com/Saga/comics-series/7587)

Summary (In spoiler tags to conserve space):
Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Notes:
I chose this because I have heard a lot of great things and I am a huge Brian K Vaughn fan.
I will be reading it with you guys for the first time.
If I'm missing anything, just let me know and I'll add it.

I am very excited to read this book! It's been really hard waiting until book club weeks to read this but I hope it will be worth the wait.

Next host: TBD!
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by FPMPlay. Reason: Added spoiler tags to summary
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenjio, scnd, wojosama

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34281

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Apoloies for e delay on this round's post. I had an unexpected death in the family that through things for a loop. I had the post ready since last week so it was a simple copy and paste when things got back to a little bit of normal.

i hope everyone enjoys this selection. I have not read it yet. I am about to read it on the flight home in 45 min. Look forward to e discussion.

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34282

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Great suggestion, I read the first 2-3 issues as soon as they were published, and thought it was really well-made.
The graphic side of it is a tad unconventional, the lettering is odd, the panels are weirdly laid out, but it really fits the story well. I've been meaning to catch up for a while, now I have an excuse!
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34283

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Comments about this Reading Club posting

The Good:

1. I greatly appreciate the fact that FPMPlay posted despite facing a bereavement in his family. FPMPlay fulfilled his promise & did not let us down. For this, I give him a +1 karma.

2. The post is very nicely done, with all the links, synopsis & pictures. Well done, there!

The Not-so-good

1. I am skeptical about posting story arcs from ongoing series. These are usually not self-contained and (as in this case) continue into the next issue in sequence. I suggest that ongoing series be avoided in the reading clubs. But then, it is just a suggestion, not a strict rule.

2. I am also skeptical about reading clubs which have very popular books (Saga is a very popular book). Suppose I posted a reading club with a book like, say, the first 5 issues of the Animal Man ongoing. Most people will already have read it, and would pass the reading club.

3. Where is the poll?

Comments about the book:
(since I have already read every single issue of saga)

The Good:

1. Excellent story. This is Brian K. Vaughan at his imaginative best.

2. This has the cleanest art you will see in a contemporary comic book.

The Not-so-good:

1. At times, the plot-progression is very slow, at the expense of exploring the strange universe the book creates.

2. The art is 100% digital. I do not like this. A lot of backgrounds are just plain, devoid of any details.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34284

• FPMPlay
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
The poll is forthcoming. I am still in the airport. I did not want anymore time to pass.

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34286

• 600WPMPO
FPMPlay wrote:
The poll is forthcoming. I am still in the airport. I did not want anymore time to pass.
Since when I read it, I really enjoyed it, I have voted for the first option. :-)

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34291

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
This is one of my favorite comics out today. Very off-the-wall and sometimes disturbing creatures and situations.

As far as the art, I believe all the covers are hand painted and they all look great. The backgrounds being often vague and blurry kinda adds to the narration to me, personally, since the book is pretty much told from the first hand viewpoint of a newborn baby and of course she wont have much recollection of details... so it's all just a hodgepodge of information that's been relayed to her over the years.

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34298

• Kirtai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the backgrounds are deliberately less detailed to emphasise the characters.

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34300

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
I'm looking forward to reading this, especially since it appears I'm one of the few who has not only never read it, but also knows nothing about it. I stumbled onto it by complete accident so I've had it for a few weeks, but I didn't know it was popular or anything like that. :lol:
I look forward to reading it in the next few days (on a skullkickers spree right now) and then posting my thoughts on it after that.

Thank you to FPMPlay for getting this fortnights RC up despite the loss in your family (I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say you have our sympathy).

Also, I do agree with 600 about the ongoing series thing (didn't know this was ongoing til a few days ago, thought I had all the issues :angry: ). It's not a big deal to me either way but I do get it. I think as long as the arc you choose is self contained and doesn't continue on for a long, long time then its ok. Unfortunately it can be hard to determine this if its an ongoing that doesn't have a large number of issues between the end of the arc and the latest issue.

As far as the popular stuff, in my opinion, that can be a double edged sword, but one that I think has the potential for more good than harm. Yes people may think "well I already read that so I won't participate" or, they could be like me who doesn't have anyone to discuss comics with and would love to be able to talk to about it and discuss things that happened in it. They see a series they've read, really want to talk about it, and bam, possible new reading club member (in this scenario I think a popular series has a better chance of attracting these type of people than a lesser known one, based solely on the number people likely to have read it). As another thought, someone could see a popular series that they have not yet read, but have heard a lot about, and this gives them the push they need to read and join in on the discussion.

Again, this is just my opinion, and I'm not saying it should be a constant (after all the point of the reading club is to expand our horizons and read things we might not have otherwise read). I just think a popular series here and there wouldn't be a bad thing, especially if it brings in new people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Saga 4 years 4 months ago #34303

• 600WPMPO
Great analysis there by Wojo! :-)

I see the success of a reading club by the number of persons who vote. We've had occasions when we had to suffice with even 3-4 votes (including the vote of the host also). With these dismal stats, the last club was relatively better. I would call a club successful if it exceeds 10 votes (positive/negative is immaterial).

So, let us see how many votes does this 'popular' book get.. :-)

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Who's Online

We have 192 guests and 2 members online