• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
My current reading list:

Alex+Ada (agreed, it's brilliant!)
Chew
Clone
Revival
Saga (words can't describe how awesome this book is)
The Walking Dead

Plus I'm trying to catch up with the New 52 Bat-books (Currently I'm reading Death of the Family), and keeping up with Spidey (Amazing, 2099 and Ultimate - can't wait for spider-verse to kick off)
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by kenjio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Next Reading club Title 3 years 3 months ago #40246

• abellnz
  • Fresh Boarder
Whoa Havent Heard of most of those titles will try an find some sounds interesting. I'm reading more mainstream titles such as X-men From Number 1, Geoff Johns run of Green Lantern A lot of older Batman titles, um and just recently started reading a few different new 52 series.

Next Reading club Title 3 years 3 months ago #40251

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Little short list. Don't have much time to read anymore.

All of the Zenescope series. I especially like the early Grimm Fairy Tales which just hit 100
Anything with Deadpool in it.
Injustice: Gods among us. Great tie-in to the game
Masters of the Universe. More childhood memories
Saga. Obvious
The Blood Queen. Still checking it out. don't know yet
Five Weapons. Sad this series ended so early
Hack/Slash. Anyone need a baseball bat?
Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose. NSFW goodness

Next Reading club Title 3 years 2 months ago #40349

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I have mainly been keeping track of most Marvel Now! comics as I wanted to get a handle on an entire companies output and see how the shared universe idea actually works in practice, which leaves me less time for anything else. However I have almost had my fill of that project. And will probably cut down to most of the X-books the remainder of the current Avengers/New Avengers stuff and some of the obvious gems.

I have also been reading Moores Swamp Thing run, the Peter Davis's X-Factor (2006), and the entire back catalogue of Astro City and all of the Garth Ennis Fury series.I have also read most of the Rocketeer stuff available.

Things that I have read that are well worth reading in future book clubs would be the first Astro City trade, the first two trades of Thor God of Thunder, the current Silver Surfer once it gathers issues, and any of those Fury runs. The current Ms. Marvel is certainly pretty good, as was the first trade of the previous Captain Marvel run.

Things on my to-read list include Saga, which I have been letting build up on a pile to binge read, most of The Unwritten, at least two thirds of the aforementioned Swamp Thing run, possibly Kingdom Come, the Serenity comics, 'The Star Wars' , The Fuse, East of West, Fatale, Phonogram, The Hypernaturals, Polarity, Six-Gun Gorilla and Translucid. Probably a lot more.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by jkthemac.

Next Reading club Title 3 years 2 months ago #40351

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Anyone fancy reading Mouse Guard The Black Axe for the next reading club? I can't think of anything on my to read list that has me as excited, and the Guided View in the previous volumes on Comixology have been some of the best standard adaptation to that medium if like me you are a digital reader. I have been resisting it for far too long, first to let it come out in trade and then because I was reading so much other stuff. High time I returned to one of the most beautifully realised worlds in comics.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by jkthemac.

Next Reading club Title 3 years 2 months ago #40352

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
@jkthemac: We will read whatever you choose. The host needn't ask. Kills the surprise. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Next Reading club Title 3 years 2 months ago #40353

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Well Mouseguard the Black Axe is pretty off the already beaten track of the reading club so I would hate to lead people down an all ages comic route without at least a nod.

Next Reading club Title 3 years 2 months ago #40354

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
jkthemac wrote:
Well Mouseguard the Black Axe is pretty off the already beaten track of the reading club so I would hate to lead people down an all ages comic route without at least a nod.
All ages? Believe me, I have sometimes resisted the urge to put up an Uncle Scrooge comic at the reading club! :laugh:

And I've heard all praise about the Mouse guard series, but never came around to reading it. So, I won't mind. :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and 4 members online