Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS
  • Page:

TOPIC: iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered)

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29532

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I'm really excited! :-)

Finally (in about 2-3 hours maximum), we are going to get the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.

The team of iOS hackers, known as evad3rs, have officially announced the evasi0n jailbreak tool for jailbreaking iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, or iOS 6.1 iOS devices.

Catch the action here: evasi0n.com/
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29534

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
It's a good thing you don't live here in the USA. They just passed a law last week making unlocking cell phones illegal here.
The penalties attached to violating the law can range from $200 to $2,500 “per individual act.” That’s if you unlock your phone for your own use. The penalties for anyone doing it for “commercial advantage or private financial gain” can face jail time and be fined up to $500,000 for the first offense. That doubles for second, and any further offenses.

It's hard to understand how this law could possibly have been passed since they are talking about property that you bought and own....

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29539

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Good thing.
Because the minimum requirement for CRIOS is iOS 6.0.
No reason to hold back any longer :)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by cYo.

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29543

• 600WPMPO
Madmatx wrote:
The penalties attached to violating the law can range from $200 to $2,500 “per individual act.” That’s if you unlock your phone for your own use. The penalties for anyone doing it for “commercial advantage or private financial gain” can face jail time and be fined up to $500,000 for the first offense. That doubles for second, and any further offenses.
Next to the Mayan apocalypse, this is the biggest bullshit that I have ever heard! :P
cYo wrote:
...the minimum requirement for CRIOS is iOS 6.0
Upgrade dudes, upgrade! :)

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29563

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
600, thanks for the heads up! I had lost track of this tired of waiting!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29564

• 600WPMPO
perezmu wrote:
600, thanks for the heads up! I had lost track of this tired of waiting!!!!!
The jailbreak is now released. Go get it! :)

Here are the steps:
Procedure:
  • If you have activated any screen password you need to disable it as it may interfere with the Jailbreaking process.
  • To disable screen lock code go to settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode Off.
  • Connect your device to the MAC.
  • Make sure you’ve backed up your device by connecting it to the MAC and then backing it up using iTunes. The encrption for backup needs to be disabled.
  • Double Click the .dmg file of the evasiOn tool.
  • Then launch the evasiOn tool by double clicking it.
  • Now Press the Jailbreak button to start the process.
  • The Jailbreak process can take a while. Please do not touch your device while the process is completeing as you may interefere with the process.
  • However if it gets stuck somewhere you can it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
  • Keep a watch on the evasiOn tool as it will prompt you to unlock your device and find the app called “jailbreak” and run it. This will complete your Jailbreaking process.
  • The device will restart a couple of times. Wait till the device becomes stable.
  • Once the process completes your device will be Jailbroken! Enjoy!

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29593

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Madmatx wrote:
It's a good thing you don't live here in the USA. They just passed a law last week making unlocking cell phones illegal here.

It's hard to understand how this law could possibly have been passed since they are talking about property that you bought and own....
It's easy to understand how this law passed...corporations have lots of money to lobby lawmakers to change laws in their favor. Also, to point out, this law only applies to new phones sold after the law went into affect, which was 1/26/2013. This doesn't make jailbreaking/rooting your phone illegal. Also, in the USA, as long as you get permission from the carrier that sold the phone to unlock it, then it is still legal to do. This law is complete bs, and I have a feeling that it'll get changed at some point once enough people complain about it being passed. At this point I don't think most Americans even know yet that this law went into affect. Another way around this, is that the law doesn't say you're liable for buying a phone already unlocked.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by oraclexview.

iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29594

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
I read about many people having problems with WiFi when upgrading their Apple devices with iOS to version 6.xx. Has anyone here experienced this at all?

Re: iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29595

• 600WPMPO
oraclexview wrote:
I read about many people having problems with WiFi when upgrading their Apple devices with iOS to version 6.xx. Has anyone here experienced this at all?
Yup..had a minor hiccup. Wiki connected fine, but internet did not work. Had to change the wifi security type in the router. Everything is surprisingly fine since then.

Re: iOS6 Jailbreak (untethered) 4 years 10 months ago #29596

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
**NOTE** I moved this topic to the ComicRack for iOS|General section. :)
  • Page:
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and 3 members online