Welcome, Guest
General Discussions about ComicRack for iOS

TOPIC: iOS 7

iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34433

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
*sarcasm on*
I guess now we have to get rid of our beautifully designed wooden comic shelf in CRiOS :P
*sarcasm off*
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34439

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Disagree with me, dislike me, or even call me a total loss at design, but it is my frank opinion that at first look, the font & the icons are simply HORRIBLE. Welcome to ugly, a.k.a. iOS7. :angry:

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34440

• DarkSynopsis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Oh God! That looks pretty damn awful! Almost seems like something a child would use.

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34446

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
If the icons had square corners, it would be almost as fugly as metro. Be thankful, it could (still) be worse.

[edit: oh my god, how did i get into this fruity forum?]

fK
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by forkicks.

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34447

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Ok just because you requested it I disagree, the icons are fantastic. Balanced, simplified, unified and recognisable.

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34456

• 600WPMPO
From Addictive Tips:
I really love the use of bright, bold colors over white background throughout the OS, but the iconography is just bad, plain bad. The black Stocks/Compass app icon stands out like a sore thumb on the home screen, while the Safari and Mail icons simply look cheap.

And it’s not just the app icons, but also the icons in use within apps and menus that look like mockups instead of real icons.

When making big, sweeping changes like these, you will get some backlash from the community. A design overhaul was long overdue for iOS, and that’s just what Apple has given us. They’ve gone off-track in a few areas, but they will take notice of the criticisms, and improve the design as time goes by.

iOS 7 is to iOS what Ice Cream Sandwich was to Android (Editor’s note: Oh no he didn’t!). It’s different, but it is better, and it will only get better in the future.

So, what do you think about the new design in iOS 7? Like it? Hate it? Join our poll or sound off in the comments section!

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34457

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Who cares what the default applications look like, you're going to root it and remove them all anyw-....oh, wait, iOS, right. ;3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Der Internet

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34458

• 600WPMPO
Shinrai wrote:
Who cares what the default applications look like, you're going to root it and remove them all anyw-....oh, wait, iOS, right. ;3
Because actually, unlike Android, the default apps are very good & most-used. :P

But seriously, they have killed the icons, really. These are too plain, blunt, unappealing, unimaginative, banal, and almost hurtful to the eye. What good is the retina display when the icons are going to be all green, and all red, and all blue & all white? Should every interaction between the human & the device be made totally devoid of any realism? Are we so far gone in our escapism from life that our machines mimicking it are seen as a weakness, a thing to be laughed at, something to be eradicated in favour of design standards & consistency?

Here's in loving memory to what would be no more:

@cYo: if you hate skeumorphism so much, why does the front page thumbnail curls up in the CRW library browser? Why do we have background textures? Why do CRA & CRiOS have page turn animations? Why do the CRW thumbnails have the shadow effect? Why do the CRW stacks look like some comic books really stacked one atop the other?

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34460

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
When you put the icons side by side like that, I honestly prefer the new ones. I forgot how plain ugly some of the old ones were. I mean, stylistically, I am not pleased with the new ones either, but it is at least a step in the right direction IMO...

Re: iOS 7 4 years 6 months ago #34461

• DeadpoolSA
  • Fresh Boarder
After using iOS 7 for about 24 hours now I'd say looks wise it's the best iteration of iOS so far, and by a wide margin. I'm so glad they took all the terrible skeuomorphism out. Runs beautifully on the iPhone 5 as well. Can't wait to get it on the iPad too.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by DeadpoolSA.
Moderators: crios
Time to create page: 0.675 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and 3 members online